North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laconia bike week

2 posters

Go down

laconia bike week Empty laconia bike week

Post  Mark 6/5/2012, 4:53 pm

Anybody going up to weirs beach or up that way for bike week over the next week ?
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

laconia bike week Empty Re: laconia bike week

Post  jimaug87 6/5/2012, 6:26 pm

I'll be headed up to Laconia if I can get my clutch adjusted. I know how to work on my Jeep, but I may need to visit a shop.

Do you have any idea how to adjust a newly replaced clutch? 1982 xj750r. I can't quite get it to fully disengage.
jimaug87
jimaug87
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

laconia bike week Empty CLUTCH

Post  Mark 6/5/2012, 7:07 pm

Is there play in clutch lever ? it sounds like you have too much ,wich in turn will not let it disengage all of the way. Unless there is a primary clutch adj before that. it sounds like that is what is going on.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  jimaug87 6/5/2012, 7:19 pm

Markmmaark wrote:Is there play in clutch lever ? it sounds like you have too much ,wich in turn will not let it disengage all of the way. Unless there is a primary clutch adj before that. it sounds like that is what is going on.

There is a primary adj.

I read a write up on xjbikes.com that says not to have the cable tight against the throw out shaft. I seem to need to rotate the shaft more than my cable travel allows.

I could have the cable constantly pulling on the throw out shaft lever, but the write up says that burns out the bearing.

The clutch is fully engaged when I release the lever.

I'm happy that it doesn't slip anymore. Stopping is bothersome.
jimaug87
jimaug87
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

laconia bike week Empty clutch

Post  Mark 6/5/2012, 7:27 pm

it sounds like primary adj is not right. most bikes you do it when engine is cold. I do not know what yours says. Usually you back off of cable adjustment all of the way and then do primary adj. Some cables have two adj points on them that you have to back off first.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

laconia bike week Empty clutch

Post  Mark 6/6/2012, 4:21 pm

did you get clutch squared away?
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down