North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mikes new to Jeeps

+2
dongalonga
TJmike91
6 posters

Go down

Mikes new to Jeeps Empty Mikes new to Jeeps

Post  TJmike91 8/23/2012, 3:01 pm

Hello all! I finally have a chance to get online after a busy summer in southern New Hampshire. I worked at a Scout camp as the Nature directer and me and my TJ had a lot of fun on the dirt roads. Ive only had my jeep since March and I love her!

I have a 1997 Wrangler SE Dark green with 137k on it (2.5L 4cy). I guess i hit the ground running with her because I have already had to replace the alternator, drive belt, and waterpump but I really don't mind because every time I do a repair on my jeep I am more in love with it...kinda a weird feeling. The only 'Off roading' this jeep has ever seen is what I did this summer with her and that really wasn't much. Theres a road in barnstead NH called Providence that is completely unmaintained and Sammy took it like a champ. I brought her home with a lot of mud and then BAM a hard storm washed it all away :/

I found North Shore Jeeps through through my friend Geoff. I was looking to get more involved with the Jeep community near me and learn more about the capabilities of my stock TJ so Geoff recommended you guys.

I cant wait to take Sammy on an actual run!
TJmike91
TJmike91
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Mikes new to Jeeps Empty Re: Mikes new to Jeeps

Post  dongalonga 8/23/2012, 3:34 pm

Welcome. Put up some pics of the rig!
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  TJmike91 8/23/2012, 4:17 pm

dongalonga wrote:Welcome. Put up some pics of the rig!

The lights i have on it are old flamethrowers i got at an auction wicked cheap. They throw some really bright light which I may or may not have used once when someone flashed their brights at me not realizing that a jeeps lights are higher and thus look brighter.
Mikes new to Jeeps Dscf0213

The driver seat's a bit ripped but theoretically the covers are on back order from quadratec. Rolling Eyes
Mikes new to Jeeps Dscf0214[i]
TJmike91
TJmike91
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 8/24/2012, 1:11 pm

Hey Mike,

I met you at Diana's party. Glad to see you made it over!
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 8/24/2012, 1:33 pm

Another '97! rendeer

Yours looks in much better shape than mine though. And I think I really like the tan interior over my grey.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  TJmike91 8/24/2012, 10:34 pm

I just added a CB to it. I added a Cobra 29 LTD BT but lets just say its having power issues :/

Me + jeep electrical = Question

@ Ryan Yeah i remember drooling over your rig. Very Happy
TJmike91
TJmike91
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 8/24/2012, 10:37 pm

I can see where mine is pulling power from tomorrow morning and let you know. I can turn it on whenever, even if the key is off. Just gotta remember to shut that bad larry off when you get out.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  TJmike91 8/24/2012, 10:40 pm

Rob Cote wrote:I can see where mine is pulling power from tomorrow morning and let you know. I can turn it on whenever, even if the key is off. Just gotta remember to shut that bad larry off when you get out.

Right now i got one of those nifty fuse splitter deals where theres a wire coming off it that goes to the radio and it goes into the "spare" fuse bit behind the glove box. Ill take pics tomorrow.
TJmike91
TJmike91
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 8/24/2012, 11:52 pm

Rob Cote wrote:I can see where mine is pulling power from tomorrow morning and let you know. I can turn it on whenever, even if the key is off. Just gotta remember to shut that bad larry off when you get out.

That means it's probably directly to the battery. I leave my scanner (CB's best friend) on 24/7 without issue.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jimaug87 8/26/2012, 6:46 pm

Hi Mike. We met on the trail today. Glad to see you were impressed with your stock rig. These things are monsters from the factory.
jimaug87
jimaug87
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  TJmike91 8/26/2012, 7:00 pm

jimaug87 wrote:Hi Mike. We met on the trail today. Glad to see you were impressed with your stock rig. These things are monsters from the factory.

Yeah today was great and Sammy took it like a true monster. Im definitely hooked now - Just dont know what she needs first after a new fan clutch and tailpipe end haha.
TJmike91
TJmike91
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 8/26/2012, 8:23 pm

Good job today wheeling the stocker. I told you that you would be impressed. Wheel it until it breaks or can't get you where you want to go.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 8/28/2012, 9:58 am

Hey Mike!

Glad to see you made it over!

Totally didn't realize you went this weekend, now I'm bummed I'm missed your first run, ha ha.

CB is a good first mod. I'm glad to hear you're taking it slow and practical. It's very tempting to just start lifting and building, but it's definitely better to get to know it first and wheel/wrench it stock before starting making a money/time pit out of it!

Just to ask stupid questions: Did it *ever* receive power? It didn't work and then after turning it on it stopped, right? (I ask this because trying to use it before tuning it can sometimes damage a CB.)

If not, do you have a voltmeter that you can check whether that wire is receiving power? (If Will doesn't have one, you can grab mine if you need it)
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TJmike91 8/29/2012, 2:40 pm

CrawlingForward wrote:Hey Mike!

Glad to see you made it over!

Totally didn't realize you went this weekend, now I'm bummed I'm missed your first run, ha ha.

CB is a good first mod. I'm glad to hear you're taking it slow and practical. It's very tempting to just start lifting and building, but it's definitely better to get to know it first and wheel/wrench it stock before starting making a money/time pit out of it!

Just to ask stupid questions: Did it *ever* receive power? It didn't work and then after turning it on it stopped, right? (I ask this because trying to use it before tuning it can sometimes damage a CB.)

If not, do you have a voltmeter that you can check whether that wire is receiving power? (If Will doesn't have one, you can grab mine if you need it)

I got it to turn on turns out that the "spare" fuse spaces in the fuse box are not powered.

Now that I figured that out - I want to relocate it to the center locking storage (on the back of it centered on the bench) so that I can allow my passenger seat to fully fold forward to allow people to get in the back with the top on.
TJmike91
TJmike91
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down