North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange smell when jeep pulls to right or left...

2 posters

Go down

Strange smell when jeep pulls to right or left... Empty Strange smell when jeep pulls to right or left...

Post  mr.steamy 9/6/2012, 7:30 am

Kind of embarrassing that I have the last 4 topic starters Embarassed . While driving at any speed, the jeep will pull to either side. Normally I would think I'd need an alignment, but every time after it pulls it creates this awful smell. This just started on Monday. I can't really describe the smell. It's not a burning smell like rubber or anything but more like an "overworked" smell if that makes any sense. Anyways, just thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem. If I can get an idea of what it is I'm going to take it to the dealer as I have a small warranty on the jeep still. Any help appreciated as always.

Derrell
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Strange smell when jeep pulls to right or left... Empty Re: Strange smell when jeep pulls to right or left...

Post  CrawlingForward 9/6/2012, 10:16 am

I'd pretty heartily place my bet on an issue with your brake calipers seizing.

It pulls because it's slowing down one tire and it smells because the brakes are overheating.

After driving for a bit while feeling it, pull off the tire and see if the caliper is oddly warm.

If you've got a warranty, I would definitely have them check it out!

And no worries about asking lots of questions! We all did the same when we first started, and we're happy to pass it along!

CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Strange smell when jeep pulls to right or left... Empty Re: Strange smell when jeep pulls to right or left...

Post  mr.steamy 9/6/2012, 10:20 am

Thanks! I do have a warranty so I will get it checked out. Thanks again!
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down