North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Exhaust Time!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exhaust Time!

Post  rickkeo on 10/21/2012, 8:04 pm

Hey guys! Considering getting a new exhaust system for my jeep. Really digging the deep sound from my buddies truck. Said he went to lou's custom exhaust in boston. Any opinions? Will it affect off road capabilities?
rickkeo
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Re: Exhaust Time!

Post  Ryan McKee on 10/21/2012, 8:29 pm

Lous does great work.

That being said, i wouldn't recommend them for anyone with a Jeep that is going to be built. They do a phenomenal job of welding EVERYTHING. Should you ever need even a minor adjustment you'd need to take it back to them to be cut and re-welded. There are literally modifications I've needed to do where I've pulled off the cat-back system to have better access to the rear axle. This would be impossible.

If you're comfortable tackling it yourself (or with our help), I would do all of the research and buy whatever you want then do it in your driveway. Much more customizable.

All liability at North Shore Jeeps events is your own. You are attending/driving/observing at your own risk. You are solely responsible for yourself, your passengers, and your vehicle.
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward on 10/22/2012, 10:10 am

Yeah, I'll confirm that.

Mine got welded in because I just wanted to not think about it and know it's secure.

Now that I landed on it a couple times and would like to replace my tailpipe, it's not that easy, because everything is welded in.

But you can source all the parts you need pretty easily and just do it in a driveway. We did Waynes JK this summer in one morning and it was pretty easy and sounds great!

My JeepForum build

Building a Jeep is like masturbating on pain killers. You enjoy the time you put in, but you'll never actually finish.
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga on 10/22/2012, 7:57 pm

aFe makes some really nice hi-tuck systems for our rigs:

http://afepower.com/shop/application_searchnew.php?searchtype=vehicle&diesel=false&truck=false&type=gas&make=Jeep&year=2012&model=Wrangler&engine=3.6L&x=48&y=16
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  rickkeo on 10/22/2012, 11:10 pm

Awesome thanks for the advice guys. I've done a lot of repair work on my beater Audi. Never did an exhaust system tho. We'll see how it goes.
rickkeo
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark on 10/23/2012, 9:49 am

Go with stainless steel exhaust and be done with it forever.
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga on 10/23/2012, 5:36 pm

The aFe is 409 SS.
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content