North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TJ Broke Down Without Warning!

2 posters

Go down

TJ Broke Down Without Warning! Empty TJ Broke Down Without Warning!

Post  Mark 5/27/2013, 9:52 am

So I went out wheeling basically for the first time this year and broke down.
I went with a firend who's jeep that i had just worked on and went just to make sure that his was ok and ended up breaking my jeep.
He was pretty rough on his but mine broke,,, go figure!
Last fall I destroyed my front drive shaft in the same trails, I got a boulder caught under the jeep and drive shaft got all bent up.

Now with out warning the transfer case broke, ended up with just 4 low and alot of crunching and banging. Not sure if the planetary gearset broke or the chain.

Managed to get it out of the woods then removed front drive shaft and drove it another mile to hot top, called triple A and got it flat beded to my home.
It's a good thing that I have triple A platinum or it would have cost a pretty penny.

Going to remove t case today and swap SYE over to my spare t case and install.
When you least expect it BAM YOUR BROKE DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE IN THE WOODS, NEVER WHEEL ALONE!!!

Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

TJ Broke Down Without Warning! Empty Re: TJ Broke Down Without Warning!

Post  Mark 5/28/2013, 7:51 am

Update,,, The Transfer Case input shaft bearing exploded and the planetary gear set wiped out and in turn wiped out the SYE main shaft so now I have to buy a SYE kit.
SYE kit should be here Wednesday, by then my new Adams front drive shaft should be here.
I ordered a ALLOY USA SYE KIT 155.00 shipped, good deal got it on AMAZON.com.
IT'S A GOOD THING THAT I HAD A SPARE T CASE !!!
The new T Case is stripped and ready for the SYE kit to arrive.
Had a good time wheeling until BOOM BANG POW! can't wait to get it done and go wheeling again, I'LL CONQUER THAT TRAIL YET.

OH YEAH,, THANKS for helping me out BILL !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 5/28/2013, 11:43 am

....wow, that's nut.

No prior signs of failure? Just completely out of nowhere, eh? Glad you were able to get it home alright.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down