North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep

5 posters

Go down

Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep  Empty Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep

Post  mr.steamy 10/5/2013, 6:07 pm

Sad 

I really don't want to do it but it's looking like I might have too. Just a lot of money issues and other crap I rather not get into. What is the best way to go about this guys? Is there a better place for Jeeps that sell? What should I ask for? Should I go by KBB? This is hard for me so any advice would be great. Thanks!

Derrell
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep  Empty Re: Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep

Post  dongalonga 10/5/2013, 7:03 pm

Private sell it using the average of KBB, Edmunds TMV, and NADA.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep  Empty Re: Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep

Post  mr.steamy 10/5/2013, 7:28 pm

Private sell where? Paper, craigslist? What is the best way? Thanks for your reply.
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Some advice on possibly selling my Jeep  Empty sellin the rig

Post  bigmike 10/5/2013, 9:45 pm

Just remember these thing hold value dont settle if ya dont have to honestly I wish I had the money to buy another one for my fiancé
bigmike
bigmike
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 10/6/2013, 9:54 am

I would say look at the averages based on book values as suggested above^^ to get and idea of value. But also look on craigslist and other classifieds and see what the real market value of rigs similar to yours is by doing a search for that model..
Based on how quickly and how much $ you would like to get then i would suggest to price (enough where its not too bad for you) under real market value to attract potential buyers. But if you can wait then price at market or higher value (based on condition and additional options like equipment... Lift,shocks, wheels , tires etc)... Posting it on CL (remember to renew your poste every few days and include different key words as well as well as post it two times with different titles to attract different buyers), cars.com or autotrader will be a good start and they offer publishing to the newspaper for a fee. Great clean pictures are a MUST and use photobucket to upload them and then paste the links into the CL add (usually full pics of all 4 sides and then angles of each quarter panel and then interior).

AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.steamy 10/7/2013, 4:03 pm

So what payment method is preferred? Cert. check, Cash???

Sorry for the questions but this is new to me.
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 10/7/2013, 4:10 pm

When i sold ny previous car it was a mercedes e class and it still had a note on it.. I went to the bank with the other person and he paid the bank the note and gave me a cert check for the rest.
When ive sold my motorcycles i usually dont mind cash since its usually under $5k.. And ill probably be using it to buy another big boy toy haha..

But in reality just find a way to not get scammed.. Make sure you meet the person (scammers will try to send freight companys to pick up your car and then pay you with a fake check)
Its always a hood thing to go meet at the bank and have the other person deposit.. Or wire the money.. If theres a fee it'll be a small fee to cover your end
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  desertzj 10/7/2013, 5:15 pm

i always say for large amounts of money (over a few 1,000) head to the bank. They can pull the cash and hand it to you or they can have the bank give you a certified check. Let's you know that the money is in yours and not fake. Never personal checks. As said, check craigslist and other sites for what these things are selling for equipped like yours. Jeepforum.com isn't a bad place to list. People there know what these things are really worth and people like getting parts and what not from other jeepers. Just another option.
desertzj
desertzj
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 10/8/2013, 7:08 pm

All great advice. I will third going to the bank. As said you accomplish two things:

You meet the person face to face
You know the money source isn't fraudulent
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down