North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeep friendly inspection stations?

+3
Ryan McKee
Jake
nmill5321
7 posters

Go down

Jeep friendly inspection stations? Empty Jeep friendly inspection stations?

Post  nmill5321 10/11/2013, 2:21 pm

As the title says, I'm in need of a sticker. I have a 4" lift with 33x12.50's. Does anyone know of a friendly place that will give me a sticker? Thanks!
nmill5321
nmill5321
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Jeep friendly inspection stations? Empty Re: Jeep friendly inspection stations?

Post  Jake 10/11/2013, 10:47 pm

I think you'd be ok most places as long as you have a front plate and fenders or flaps. Different places can be nit picky about different things.

Where are you located?
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  nmill5321 10/11/2013, 10:52 pm

I'm located over in Newburyport
nmill5321
nmill5321
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake 10/11/2013, 11:00 pm

Pm'ed, best not to mention places here.
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  nmill5321 10/11/2013, 11:14 pm

Hey thanks for sharing that with me. Do you think they'd give me a hard time if I'm running stock fender flares?
nmill5321
nmill5321
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake 10/11/2013, 11:26 pm

I couldn't say. I believe the law is tires can't extend more than 2" outside the fenders? Honestly though, I think as long your rig looks reasonable and isn't falling apart most people don't fuss, and it sounds like your setup is pretty reasonable. The place I sent you did care about rusted out rockers on my old Maxima, made me rivet some alum flashing on there to cover the sizeable holes before passing me.

I've got another place that I took that Maxima to where I got passed with bald tires, no e-brake, the rusted out rockers, a sizeable exhaust leak and 3/4 brakes working. They gave me a hard time over the e-brake cause they weren't smart enough to put it in gear to keep it from rolling but they still passed me... No experience with the jeep there though.
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  nmill5321 10/11/2013, 11:45 pm

There used to be a guy right next door to my house that would pass anything that I brought it. But he retired last winter so now I'm kind screwed haha. I have to throw a new horn in it but that's probably the only thing that I'd need to get it passed. Hopefully nobody will give me a hard time about not having an ebrake. Thanks again man. I'm going to try and get down there as soon as I get a day off.
nmill5321
nmill5321
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 10/12/2013, 12:17 pm

FYI there is a thread discussing this over in the "Vendors" section, which might give you some more information!

https://northshorejeeps.forumotion.com/t349-inspections
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 10/12/2013, 1:09 pm

Having an operational parking/E brake is very important, it's a safety item that you really should have working at all times, off or on the trail, especially with a manual trans. my02.
A friend of mine climbed up a steep hill and when he got to the top he got out to take a picture of his jeep on top of the hill that he had just conquered, but he left it in neutral (thought he had it in reverse) and forgot to set the brake.

It rolled down the hill backwards and was stopped by a huge tree that crushed the right rear corner of the jeep,affraid on top of that he had to get it back up the hill, boy did he have a bad day.
It's a good thing that his friend had already got to the top of the hill ahead of him, otherwise it could have got ugly if someone got hurt.
If he had set the park brake that might not have happened.
Of course being a dumb ass and not using the park brake was, well,,,dumb ass,,, he uses it all of the time now.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  nmill5321 10/12/2013, 3:28 pm

Yeah that could definitely ruin some one's day. I had no desire to go through my inspection until I get my ebrake all squared away. Even though leaving it in gear works, leaving it in neutral that one time could wreck a jeep or hit somebody!

Ryan- thanks for that tip, I'm going to check that thread out!
nmill5321
nmill5321
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  desertzj 2/28/2014, 7:12 am

hey hobby or anyone, if someone wants to pm me a shop close to boston i'd appreciate it. I'm only at 3.5 and 31's so they don't stick out, but running with no front bumper so might get hassled about that.
desertzj
desertzj
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 2/28/2014, 10:59 am

desertzj wrote:hey hobby or anyone, if someone wants to pm me a shop close to boston i'd appreciate it. I'm only at 3.5 and 31's so they don't stick out, but running with no front bumper so might get hassled about that.

PM sent
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gsmith795 10/20/2015, 4:41 pm

Sorry to dig this thread back up, but can someone PM me a place where i can pass inspection with 33's and 3" lift? I'm in Charlestown but will drive wherever I have to. Thanks
gsmith795
gsmith795
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonellin 10/21/2015, 12:13 pm

You move? I've had success at Fred's Auto at 385 Mystic Ave in Medford and at the Sunoco at 532 Broadway in Somerville. No backdoor handshakes or anything just drove up handed them the keys and they never hassled me. My 33's definitely stick out farther as well...

Only trouble I had is when I forgot to show up without my front license plate...guy at Fred's just told me to shoot back and get it
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  gsmith795 10/21/2015, 12:30 pm

Tonellin wrote:You move? I've had success at Fred's Auto at 385 Mystic Ave in Medford and at the Sunoco at 532 Broadway in Somerville.  No backdoor handshakes or anything just drove up handed them the keys and they never hassled me.  My 33's definitely stick out farther as well...

Only trouble I had is when I forgot to show up without my front license plate...guy at Fred's just told me to shoot back and get it

Yep, the lady friend and I just rented a place in Charlestown on 10/1. Much better commute into the city. Lucked out and got an underground parking spot with the unit too. Unfortunately the ceiling is too low for me to drive in there with the firestick attached lol

I stopped by three places in Everett yesterday and they all told me the tires stuck out too much and one of them also said the lift was too high. I'll check out those spots in Medford/Somerville, thx Nick
gsmith795
gsmith795
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  gsmith795 10/23/2015, 1:51 pm

Success at Fred's Auto cheers
gsmith795
gsmith795
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonellin 10/23/2015, 2:03 pm

Yeah buddy
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down