North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long before selling an incorrect part?

4 posters

Go down

How long before selling an incorrect part? Empty How long before selling an incorrect part?

Post  CrawlingForward 2/10/2014, 3:43 pm

So, I bought a new front DS for the YJ because the old one had a worn slip-joint and was causing vibes (took me way to long to diagnose that)

Point is, the company, after a loooooong delay and a bunch of confusion and 3 different "it'll ship on Tuesday"s, sent me a TJ shaft instead of YJ (double cardan-style).

I called them up and they apologized and expedited shipped me the correct DS and told me they would ship me a pre-paid label to mail the old one back.

Got the new DS (perfect fit, awesome construction, fixed my problem), but I never received a shipping label).

I followed up with a phone call a couple weeks later and they said they had sent it and was wondering where it was. I said I hadn't gotten it and they said, "ok, we'll send out another".

Never got anything.

A month or two later, I, unprompted, contacted them again to request a shipping label. They said they'd be in touch. I haven't heard anything.

I originally got the incorrect one in early November. Last contact was about a month ago.

It's currently just sitting in my laundry room in the box and I could really use some extra funds towards a snorkel for Dianna's JK.

So my question is, at what point (morally or legally?) can I sell this thing if they never get back to me? 6 months? A year? Last week?

TL;DNR Got the wrong part, tried to send it back, heard nothing. Can I sell it?
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

How long before selling an incorrect part? Empty Re: How long before selling an incorrect part?

Post  Mark 2/10/2014, 7:20 pm

Gee,, that's a tough one, the company doesn't seem to care or the help is lame..
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

How long before selling an incorrect part? Empty Re: How long before selling an incorrect part?

Post  Ryan McKee 2/11/2014, 10:47 am

How much do you want for it?

Morally- you've put a LOT of effort into getting in touch with them. They don't seem to care. I'd say 60 days is the number, and after that move on with it.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 2/11/2014, 12:24 pm

Ryan M wrote:How much do you want for it?

Morally- you've put a LOT of effort into getting in touch with them.  They don't seem to care.  I'd say 60 days is the number, and after that move on with it.

Dunno, some sites it's listed at like 600 freaking bucks, others like $250. If I Craigslist it, probably $250?

If it was an NSJ member, I'd let it got for less, for sure.

You know anyone in the club looking for one before I post it in classifieds? I think Matt Murphy needed on years ago, but that's all I can think of.

Oh, and I feel like I should note that I'm definitely not bashing JeepAddons. Good product, good customer service despite this. Took a while to get here and there was a mix-up and whatever, but it's a good product for super cheap and they're really nice and informative once you get them on the phone, so I'm still ending with a overall fairly positive impression.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 2/11/2014, 12:41 pm

Also, my quick search seems like TJ shafts are more complicated than YJ shafts in terms of fitment.

I've thrown both 4 & 6 cyl driveshafts from different years on mine with no problems, but TJs have a big difference between auto and manual and different years or something? Also a difference between Rubicon and Sport?

I think this one is 42" yoke-to-yoke with 7 inches of travel, if I recall correctly.

How long before selling an incorrect part? 1235306_10101349652008406_693341250_n

From the picture, anyone have any insights as to what it should fit?
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  desertzj 2/11/2014, 8:30 pm

if it fits my zj hahahaha...60 days tho i agree
desertzj
desertzj
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 2/11/2014, 9:32 pm

Can't be that much of a difference, we've got the same (I Think) transfer case, NP231, and the same front driveshaft, XJ HP30...

Right??

Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  desertzj 2/11/2014, 10:23 pm

Ryan M wrote:Can't be that much of a difference, we've got the same (I Think) transfer case, NP231, and the same front driveshaft, XJ HP30...

Right??

np249. I wish i had a 231 or a 242
desertzj
desertzj
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 2/11/2014, 10:30 pm

desertzj wrote:np249. I wish i had a 231 or a 242

Sorry, that last post was directed towards Geoff and the YJ
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 2/12/2014, 10:48 am

Ryan M wrote:Can't be that much of a difference, we've got the same (I Think) transfer case, NP231, and the same front driveshaft, XJ HP30...

Right??

Yeah.  Automatic transmission has got to make some difference, but up until a certain year (when did TJs lose the AX-15 again?), the drivetrains are pretty much the same components.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 2/12/2014, 4:27 pm

CrawlingForward wrote:

Right??

Yeah.  Automatic transmission has got to make some difference, but up until a certain year (when did TJs lose the AX-15 again?), the drivetrains are pretty much the same components.

TJs switched to the NV230498273905834705 in 2000.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 4/7/2014, 4:41 pm

Ryan,, did your stock front shaft fit with the hp30?
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down