North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My JKuR build

+8
Mark
Scarytallman
Tonellin
CrawlingForward
DakotaBuck
dongalonga
desertzj
AquilesT
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My JKuR build - Page 3 Empty Re: My JKuR build

Post  AquilesT 5/28/2015, 11:33 am

Parts have been ordered:
-2 mopar inner axles seals from ebay at $11.95 and at $14.95 (individual sellers). I ordered part #5014852AB as this is the original designed part (one piece seal), Mopar now has part # 5014852AC which is a two piece design and apparently isnt as 'fool proof' since one end spins and if you remove the axle shaft you wont know if the two parts are together or not. i Thought about going with crown seals since it seams they make alot of jeep/quality stuff but read somewhere online that their seals were a bit thinner(at $5 it was worth considering but because of the headache of maybe having to do this job twice, i decided against it)

-1 D44 PS Bombshell diff cover
-1 D44 Lubelocker

now i need to read, read and do some more reading on write ups. Hopefully i dont blow up my diff.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 6/1/2015, 10:42 am

The new look change over the weekend .. (Found out i had a leak at the header.. But this may be a matter of forward adjustment on the sunrider pivot brackets to give the header a closer/tighter seal)

My JKuR build - Page 3 18349108981_26855d618f_k
My JKuR build - Page 3 17725018754_22377d0406_h
My JKuR build - Page 3 18349371791_579b38fdb9_h
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonellin 6/1/2015, 11:43 am

Looks awesome..of course you put the soft top on right before we get 3 days of rain haha
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 6/7/2015, 8:42 pm

Did my axle seals yesterday/today .
The oil came out like a melted half vanilla half chocolate soft serve ice cream.
My JKuR build - Page 3 18580247611_495bcb81c5_h
My JKuR build - Page 3 17955506814_eac41c1971_h
Had a hiccup in which i couldnt actually remove the whole carrier because theres a locker wire that inorder to free the carrier would have had to be cut/broken off.
My JKuR build - Page 3 18578162005_8b47ba7b7f_h
My JKuR build - Page 3 18390529930_c2346f9ed9_h
Ended up getting a second pair of hand (my father) and a jack stand to hold the ring up and out of the way while i removed and seated the seals in place. Marked everything during removal in order to put it back together the same way without issues. Also rented the driver set from auto zone and it was less than 5 mins a seal i made sure the seals were up against the inner axle lip evenly all around, and then button everything back up. On removing the old seals i got back all the axle shaft guides (3 of 4 were reusable ) i used 2 on the passenger side and 1 for the driver side.
(i couldn't take pictures for these parts because my father was holding the ring up this whole time so i wanted to be as quick/efficient as possible)
NOTE: on re-install i had to do the rubi locker trick. theres a youtube video for this but evessentially its holding the locker plunger open with an item tied with something that can be pulled out after everything is in and bolted down. Once pulled the plunger will retract and go on the locker plate.
here is the end result (don't mind the rust)
My JKuR build - Page 3 18551796766_e81deceabe_h Twisted Evil

So the not so good part.....
after driving around for 2-3 hours no leaks as previously occurred. but parked and while putting my top back up i noticed a drop from the same axle tube(driver) that was previously leaking. I didn't clean the tube itself just the pumpkin and seal area. I HOPE this is just left over old leaked juice seeping out from the axle tube as it was just 1 drop and not a couple. i guess it will be a couple of days/weeks before i can finally find out.

any thoughts?
My JKuR build - Page 3 17957534673_ebc7d6c496_h
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake 6/7/2015, 10:34 pm

Looks good! I'm a fan of the fastback style.

When you had the axle shafts out did you check for any damage where it meets the seal i.e. scoring or excessive wear? Hopefully just leftover gunk!
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 6/7/2015, 10:58 pm

Jake wrote:Looks good! I'm a fan of the fastback style.

When you had the axle shafts out did you check for any damage where it meets the seal i.e. scoring or excessive wear? Hopefully just leftover gunk!
I didnt look for specific damage given that the old seals weren't torn or even in bad condition. They looked like they had been replaced recently by the Prev Owner just knocked out by me a few weeks ago by mistake causing the leak.
I did clean the teeth/spline on the shafts and then used some oil to help them pass through.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 8/13/2015, 10:06 am

My latest addition to the JK.. HeadLights Shocked

In the city driving with the poor JK headlights was fine (although sometimes i wondered are my lights even on?!?)
I previously had 6k 55w HID's in the halogen housing and those were way brighter than the stock halogen, then the harness broke and i instantly lost both headlights. So this wasnt a reliable source, i spent another year with the stock halogens and 2 weeks ago switched back to the same HID configuration. This time it wasnt as good i had remembered and the very next day had an issue with a single headlight. I did some research and of course names like JW Speaker, trucklite, KC, etc.. came up ranging from 330-$720+.
Then I stumbled across an led headlight with decent reviews (not dot approved, neither were my HID's in a halogen housing). So here is the result.
Out with the old and in with the new:
My JKuR build - Page 3 20502667606_9f3e877f36_k
DRL-set to turn on with accesory lighting/side markers
My JKuR build - Page 3 19906258054_742b1b4a5b_z
Low Beams-
My JKuR build - Page 3 20530963432_536bb2059c_k
High beams-blurry pic but essentially a spot beam
My JKuR build - Page 3 20342127279_3a82a22fb3_k
Final look
My JKuR build - Page 3 20351927459_791155361f_k

The previous owner had installed the light guards as seen in the first pic and threw away the head light bezel. The light guards were rusted and falling apart so i improvised and removed the 'protectors' leaving the ring as a bezel until i order the actual assembly bezel.
here is a video of what they look like

I aimed them down quite a bit so that they dont blind oncoming traffic and also dont want the police pulling me over for blinding people. All in all after the 5 minute test drive around the neighborhood they definitely brighten up the road and make me feel better about driving through the back roads without having to turn on the a-pillar lights.

- if any other JK owners want to add DRLs or like me have them go on with the markers and also turn your markers into a blinker i followed this:
To modify the turn signal you need to locate the wire that is furthest from the black ground at the light bulb portion of the blinker's plug. Then work your way up the harness to the junction of wires. (there should be three groups of wires all at this junction. DO NOTHING TO IT! Now locate the black wire on the harness that attaches to the light in the flare marker. You will want to cut that wire and splice that black wire to the wire at the junction that was the same wire that was furthest from the black wire on the existing blinker. Just be sure you are splicing the cut wire that leads to the actual flare light. Your flare light is now a blinker too. CONGRATS!
-For my headlight DRL's to turn on with the accessory/markers.
Using the DRL's wire for power.  Take the original blinker harness and locate the middle wire (next to the black wire) at the light bulb plug. Now find that same wire at the junction and splice your DRL power wire into it. Splice up high near the junction to keep a factory look.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 8/24/2015, 10:22 am

So at LMFT this happened...
My JKuR build - Page 3 20468650220_e78efe292a_k
My JKuR build - Page 3 20656659415_300974b8f0_k
My JKuR build - Page 3 20844879065_7aaf6fc041_k

side steps finally gave in and are done. i thought i had a line on some rubi rails but the owner decided he is keeping them.
I may be out for the rest of the wheeling season Sad , i dont want to end up damaging the sheetmetal by wheeling without rocker protection. Instead of spending 150 or so on rubi rails i'd rather wait and get something more functional/better.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 8/25/2015, 12:26 pm

Good call. Save up for some metalcloak rockers and you'll be happy you did.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 11/30/2015, 6:13 pm

Finally got around to ordering some rockers.. It was either metalcloak or poison spyder, i ended up ordering the frame mounted poison spyder rocker knockers along with the body armor. I wanted to continue the poison spyder theme on the jeep.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 12/1/2015, 2:51 am

At least you got rid of the plastic!
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonellin 12/1/2015, 8:20 am

Nice man you'll love having them. I desperately need to order sliders..
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

My JKuR build - Page 3 Empty Hello..

Post  johnnymedeiros 12/1/2015, 3:19 pm

Let us know next time you guys go to any trail, we will be happy with a 1 mile of dirt road!!! lol
johnnymedeiros
johnnymedeiros
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 2/22/2016, 1:11 pm

Set up my Poison Spyder body armor and rocker knocker sliders. I did have to weld the driver side to the frame with a few tack welds since the bolt wouldn't fully grab inside the holes i drilled and tapped.

My JKuR build - Page 3 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1175

Next on the list is the teraflex tire carrier. Since i took of the spare tire given that the tailgate was rattling too much after 2 years carrying the 35" mtr/k . Then yesterday i figured i finished the slider install, "i should go to the carwash". The roller in the carwash kicked back close the rear as it normally does, but because there was no tire there it ripped off the wiper arm and bent/broke the third brake light bracket
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  RubiconBob 2/22/2016, 7:42 pm

Nice upgrade over those Sahara rails. You seemed to get pretty good use out of those.
RubiconBob
RubiconBob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 3/7/2016, 10:18 am

Installed the Teraflex HD hinge and carrier. One issue i did contact TF about is that due to my tire and wheel combo, i can only fit one clamp bolt on the carrier and tire cylinders and then using the second bolt behind it for additional clamping preasure simply for the carrier cylinder. Because the tire cylinder doesnt go in all the way there is minor deflection sort of like a flag post in a strong wind back and forth causing a annoying squeak. Also, Jeep paints the JK after everything is mounted on the body rather than panel by panel, i had to sand,prep and primer under the oem hinges prior to installing the TF hinges.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 7/28/2016, 12:40 pm

New lift going on soon... 3.5" rock krawler max travel
My JKuR build - Page 3 Image10
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 9/2/2016, 2:32 pm

Jeep got a littler taller and beefier:
3.5" roxk krawler max travel with fox ipf shocks
Fron artec truss with raised track bar
My JKuR build - Page 3 Image14
My JKuR build - Page 3 Image15
My JKuR build - Page 3 Image16
My JKuR build - Page 3 Image17
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonellin 9/6/2016, 9:03 am

Lookin good man...gonna make it back to the trail soon??
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 9/6/2016, 9:24 am

Yea hopefully, still working through some issues but if not for maBell definitly for the following run i'll be ready.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3