North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any JKU owners use Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit?

5 posters

Go down

Any JKU owners use Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit? Empty Any JKU owners use Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit?

Post  mr.steamy 7/26/2015, 11:51 pm

Board at work so I was researching parts and mods.  I don't really want to get into the whole lift kit mod but would like a little extra lift.  I really like the wheels and tires I have so I'm not looking into swapping those anytime soon.  This Tereflex leveling kit, http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_1100_07.htm , seems to be what I'm looking for but wanted some opinions on it if anyone has it or knows anyone.  As always, thanks for any imput!

Also should mention that if I go with this, I will need some help as I have zero skills  Embarassed

Thanks!

Derrell
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Any JKU owners use Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit? Empty Re: Any JKU owners use Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit?

Post  AquilesT 7/27/2015, 11:20 am

Other than for eliminating the slight front rake in the vehicle this has no additional benefit. My jk started off with a 2.5 budget boost with stock wheels/tires and looked good. I wouldnt spend the money on the leveling kit.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Any JKU owners use Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit? Empty Re: Any JKU owners use Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit?

Post  Jake 7/27/2015, 10:53 pm

I don't have a jk, but imo nothing looks worse than having the rear sag. I'd much rather have some forward rake when the jeep is empty and be level when the jeep is full, rather than the other way around, but that's just me.
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.steamy 7/28/2015, 1:31 pm

eldomi809 wrote:Other than for eliminating the slight front rake in the vehicle this has no additional benefit. My jk started off with a 2.5 budget boost with stock wheels/tires and looked good. I wouldnt spend the money on the leveling kit.

Which budget boost did you go with?
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 7/28/2015, 4:58 pm

It was preinstalled by the PO when i bought it. But it was the 2.5 teraflex budget boost, you can get it with shocks or just shock extensions to put on your current factory ones. If you decide to upgrade to a real coil lift later on atleast you'll have the basics like longer sway bar links trackbar bracket etc.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 7/29/2015, 1:42 pm

Leveling kits are a waste of money. Stay stock until you want to run bigger tires. No need to lift with the stock stuff.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.steamy 7/29/2015, 10:25 pm

Thank you all for your input. I'm not looking to go big on the tires, at least not for now maybe in a few years, but thought the kit would be a decent start. But I always appreciate feedback as I am once again a newb with a new rig. I guess I'll stick to getting the basic stuff thats required for runs. I still need a few things.

Thanks again!

Derrell
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 7/30/2015, 2:48 am

If you plan to stay low invest in armor. Rock rails would be a smart first mod.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.steamy 7/30/2015, 3:44 am

dongalonga wrote:If you plan to stay low invest in armor. Rock rails would be a smart first mod.

I would go with rock rails but right now I need the step. My youngest has scoliosis and the back brace doesn't allow her to get in the jeep with ease without the step. When I went to get the jeep I brought her with me so I could see what would accommodate her better. So the step is a must for now.

I did however just purchase a new cb kit from rightchannelradios. So I have that to look forward to.
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  RubiconBob 7/30/2015, 8:09 am

I installed a teraflex spacer leveling kit for about 6 months. It would get you a slight lift and is really only beneficial if you want to remove the front rake, which I did until I could decide on a more permanent lift. I think it's a 2" spacer in front, 1" rear which I never installed because I only wanted to level it and my front end was heavier. The lift was actually the last upgrade I made. I already had a winch, steel bumpers and some other stuff before I lifted as I needed to better understand what my limitations were on the stock suspension before I did a significant upgrade.

There's really only 3 reasons to lift at all. Clear bigger tires (33"+), remove the factory rake, and gain a bit of belly clearance on a jku but it's so small it's probably negligible with that spacer. Sean gave you some good advice on the armor if your going to stay low unless you want to stick to stock friendly runs. Just ask the underside of jeep.

That all being said, if you really want one its your call, it's your jeep. I purchased mine knowing it was temporary and that I would resell it later. If your interested in getting one I do want to sell mine, just haven't put it up for sale yet. I think I have started a small junkyard of stuff I have to tell rid of soon. 32" mud terrains, jku rubi shocks and springs, that leveling kit, etc. Btw, it also forced me to learn how to install it, which was great because installing my real lift was much easier with some experience and knowledge gained.
RubiconBob
RubiconBob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RubiconBob 7/30/2015, 8:19 am

The mod bug is a bit tough to shake off, so have your end goal in mind when you start so you don't end up with a bunch of stuff you don't need. Thinking back, I actually started with recovery gear to be a bit more prepared on runs. I liked the philosophy of making sure you can get home first, then prep your jeep for harder stuff. Fire extinguisher, cb radio, bow shackles and a recovery strap were the first items to get, and a first aid kit cause it sucks to not have one and need one. Yeah, someone else probably has the stuff in case it's needed, but it saves time on runs if everyone has something and it's good to be prepared.
RubiconBob
RubiconBob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.steamy 7/31/2015, 2:39 am

RubiconBob wrote:The mod bug is a bit tough to shake off, so have your end goal in mind when you start so you don't end up with a bunch of stuff you don't need.  Thinking back, I actually started with recovery gear to be a bit more prepared on runs.  I liked the philosophy of making sure you can get home first, then prep your jeep for harder stuff.  Fire extinguisher, cb radio, bow shackles and a recovery strap were the first items to get, and a first aid kit cause it sucks to not have one and need one.  Yeah, someone else probably has the stuff in case it's needed, but it saves time on runs if everyone has something and it's good to be prepared.

I like the thought of starting with recovery gear. I just purchased a CB. The Willy's came with a mild recovery kit when I bought it (strap, d-rings, gloves).

For me I'm a little nervous making any extreme mods to my new JKU. When I had the TJ I had no problem throwing a lift on and bigger tires.

I'm ready to have some fun in it but afraid to get it scratched. I saw a shirt that has a jeep on it and it says "it's dirty because I drive it!"...lol....
mr.steamy
mr.steamy
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down