North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Boxborough

+2
dongalonga
RubiconBob
6 posters

Go down

Hi from Boxborough Empty Hi from Boxborough

Post  RubiconBob 11/18/2014, 10:00 pm

Hello All,

Just got a new Rubicon this september and met Andrew (yellow jeep) in town and he told me about this group.  Just got back from a trip to Rausch Creek for a 101 class and had a great time so i'm looking to get out again real soon.  Not much has been done to my jeep besides some lights and a bumper bar, and i won't be doing any suspension work or tires until i have a better idea on what my stock ride can do.

If theres a run anytime soon i'd be interested in learning and maybe meeting some of you on the trail.  

Hi from Boxborough Img_0810
RubiconBob
RubiconBob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi from Boxborough Empty Re: Hi from Boxborough

Post  dongalonga 11/18/2014, 10:43 pm

We have a club run this Saturday. Welcome aboard.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Posimoto 11/19/2014, 8:39 am

Welcome Bob, your on the right track with keeping your Jeep stock, get some seat time before upgrading suspension and tires. You'll be surprised on what your Jeep can do in stock form.
Posimoto
Posimoto
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonellin 11/19/2014, 11:23 am

Welcome great looking JKUR. I agree enjoy it stock for now it's a very capable rig from the factory floor. Is that a 10th anniversary by any chance?
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 11/19/2014, 12:42 pm

welcome thats a nice looking JKU. I hadnt actually seen the enhanced mopar rockrails but they look good. is the small additional rail good enough to use as a good step?
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  RubiconBob 11/19/2014, 11:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome. This is my third jeep, and replaces my 99 XJ that we are keeping in the family and a TJ i sold to get the XJ when i needed 4doors to accommodate baby seats. This one is a 2015 hard rock. From what I've read, its nearly identical to a 10a but gets 2015 speakers/subwoofer and doesn't offer red leather seats.

Also, those rails do the job as a half-step to help those with shorter legs get in. Without them, my kids have no shot Smile

I'm going to sign up for this weekends run and hope to get a CB installed beforehand. Can anyone tell me if it's a deal breaker if I don't have a CB by then?
RubiconBob
RubiconBob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Miller 11/20/2014, 12:31 am

Welcome Bob, glad you made it on here! No it is not a deal breaker if you don't have a CB on this run, we'll just stick you in the middle of the pack. Just be sure to get a CB for future runs. This weekends run is definitely a good one to test out your stock Rubi.
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum