North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi I'm Rob

+2
Ryan McKee
Rob Cote
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

rear - Hi I'm Rob Empty Hi I'm Rob

Post  Rob Cote 7/11/2012, 8:38 am

This is my Jeep:

rear - Hi I'm Rob 2012-06-16_10-57-49_108

rear - Hi I'm Rob 024

I'm in Beverly, Ma. But I do all my wrenching up in Nashua, NH (parent's house). My Jeep is mostly stock as far as suspension goes, but I'm hoping to complete the lift install this weekend. 33s are due Friday as well. I'm pumped. This is my first Jeep. My other ride looks like this:

rear - Hi I'm Rob IMG_20120701_165434

You guys got some sweet smileys here! geek farao rendeer sunny jocolor
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

rear - Hi I'm Rob Empty Re: Hi I'm Rob

Post  Ryan McKee 7/11/2012, 9:24 am

Hey Rob!

Nice TJ you've got there. Sounds like your plan s for 33s will get it into great shape. What part of NH are your parents in? I'd be happy to send you a list of trails in their area if you'd like.

BTW- nice 2nd vehicle... my TJ is also accompanied by this sweet baby:

rear - Hi I'm Rob File-2142
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 7/11/2012, 9:31 am

Hey Ryan! I swear I've seen that A4 around. That license plate looks familiar. My parents are in Nashua. I feel like there's probably some trails around Hollis/Brookline? But not really sure. I like to stay on the right side of the law, not trying to get myself into any trouble, just kinda sick of driving ON roads only.

I ordered a 4.25" combo lift from Zone Offroad (3" suspension, 1.25" body lift). We'll see what happens. pirat
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 7/11/2012, 9:51 am

Rob Cote wrote:Hey Ryan! I swear I've seen that A4 around. That license plate looks familiar. My parents are in Nashua. I feel like there's probably some trails around Hollis/Brookline? But not really sure. I like to stay on the right side of the law, not trying to get myself into any trouble, just kinda sick of driving ON roads only.

I ordered a 4.25" combo lift from Zone Offroad (3" suspension, 1.25" body lift). We'll see what happens. pirat

I've got friends in Hamilton, and am on the north shore a lot. Not too many of the British Green pearl A4s driving around. As far as trails, there are absolutely some in Brookline. We as a club only wheel legal trails (NH Class 6) and public/private land in New England. I wouldn't lead you into a trap with the Law. I'll e-mail you a list of trail names and GPS coordinates in your folk's area.

That is supposed to be a great kit! You doing the install yourself?
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 7/11/2012, 9:55 am

That's awesome. That green color is wicked sick. Definitely not common.

I do all my own wrenching. With the help of some good friends and my friend Bud Weiser.

Not sure if my email address is displayed on my profile, but I'll put it here for your convenience:

robert.w.cote at gmaildotcom cheers
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 7/11/2012, 9:58 am

Rob Cote wrote:That's awesome. That green color is wicked sick. Definitely not common.

I do all my own wrenching. With the help of some good friends and my friend Bud Weiser.

Not sure if my email address is displayed on my profile, but I'll put it here for your convenience:

robert.w.cote at gmaildotcom cheers

Thanks for the compliment. Took me a few months to find one that wasn't silver. She's got 110k on the clock and is going in for a new clutch in two weeks. Still running the stock one, not bad for the mileage!

I'm an admin my friend, I have access to all things information Smile

I'll shoot you some info.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 7/11/2012, 11:07 am

Welcome over Rob! I'm just a town over in Salem, if you ever need a hand with anything, let me know.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 7/12/2012, 7:23 am

Thanks janesy! I don't do much wrenching down here as most of my tools are up in Nashua, but that's good to know if I get in a pinch.

I just moved in fairly recently, don't know too many people around. If you wanna grab a beer or something sometime lemme know. cheers
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 7/23/2012, 10:29 am

rear - Hi I'm Rob 2012-07-15_13-19-37_425

rear - Hi I'm Rob IMG_20120715_122730

Suspension lift is finally done (took two Saturdays; one for the track bar relocation, one for everything else). I'm rubbing both rear tires against the springs. Ordered a set of inch and a half spacers which are due Wednesday. I'll bet getting her out up in Maine this weekend. cheers SO excited.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Cbbc250 7/24/2012, 5:33 pm

lift looks nice man...i'm over in marblehead and down for beer anytime.
Cbbc250
Cbbc250
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 7/25/2012, 10:05 am

Seen a couple posts, but hadn't had a chance to poke my head over here yet!

Looks great, man. And as far as I'm concerned, the social/beer/wrenching parts are just as important as the wheeling in a good club, so we'll definitely have to organize another social event soon!
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 7/25/2012, 10:39 am

Looks great man!

Rob Cote wrote:Thanks janesy! I don't do much wrenching down here as most of my tools are up in Nashua, but that's good to know if I get in a pinch.

I just moved in fairly recently, don't know too many people around. If you wanna grab a beer or something sometime lemme know. cheers

Yea I got a decent set of tools, so if anything pops up and need a quick fix, I'm close. And yea, I'd be down to grab a beer! I moved to Salem just about a year ago, but haven't got out much and really met too many people, just a handful of friends from college that are in the area.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 7/25/2012, 10:56 am

CrawlingForward wrote:And as far as I'm concerned, the social/beer/wrenching parts are just as important as the wheeling in a good club, so we'll definitely have to organize another social event soon!

janesy wrote:And yea, I'd be down to grab a beer! I moved to Salem just about a year ago, but haven't got out much and really met too many people, just a handful of friends from college that are in the area.

Thanks guys! I really want to get off road this weekend. Spacers going on today as soon as I get up to the Jeep after work and then she'll set sail on her maiden voyage. You know where I can go and not get in trouble that's not too hardcore for a new guy? Also, want to go with? king
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Cbbc250 7/25/2012, 10:59 am

I'm down to go
Cbbc250
Cbbc250
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 7/25/2012, 11:08 am

Not really anyright in the area, that I know of, otherwise I'd go for a quick run.

I've been working on trying to get a pass for the Pipeline, in Glouscester/Essex, but its proven to be hard so far. Seems you need to be a resident of Glouscester or in the Mass Mudders.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 7/25/2012, 11:15 am

I'm down to take a drive somewhere. If no one around here makes it out I'm kicking around the idea of meeting up with my friend in northern Maine. Just the drive up there and back will suck... Mad
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 7/25/2012, 4:15 pm

If youre game with southern NH we can hit a stock/moderate class 6 run. Notgonna find much difficult stuff within an hour of here.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 7/26/2012, 6:40 am

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Apparently the rear shocks won't stay in with only one of the two upper bolts installed. Rolling Eyes

Looks like I need to extract those two broken ones and do it right. You know, the two pinned against the frame? The huge-pain-in-the-ass-to-get-to ones? Sweet. No I don't feel like spending another weekend wrenching.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 7/26/2012, 7:08 am

Yep. Mine were the biggest PITA. Out of everything I've done to the Jeep, they took the longest and were most hassle, once I had the BL in they were a bit easier to get to.

Good luck.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 8/4/2012, 6:51 am

They're not joking when they tell you to re-torque your spacers:

rear - Hi I'm Rob 2012-08-03_06-23-39_403

rear - Hi I'm Rob 2012-08-03_06-23-24_638

That sucked.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

rear - Hi I'm Rob Empty rear shocks

Post  Mark 8/4/2012, 9:09 am

Most times you can remove inner wheel well plastic or peel it back, and get a small set of vise grips on the top side of shock bolts and screw the bolt out from top side.
you can reach in from the side. I have done it many times .
It is tough to do. If you have a body lift it is much easier.
Keep spraying penetrating fluid on them
It can be done without drilling..
Good Luck.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

rear - Hi I'm Rob Empty Wheel spacers

Post  Mark 8/4/2012, 9:14 am

That can ruin your day.
you have to use red loctite on spacer nuts and torque them to 100 ft lbs or more.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 8/4/2012, 9:14 am

Thanks Mark. I didn't know that! I already drilled 'em out last weekend though and tapped threads and installed them with new hardware. They've held up great thus far.

Sliders and CB antenna are on order. I'm looking to scoop this winch soon:

http://truckandwinch.com/tuff-stuff-xtreme-12-500lb-waterproof-winch.html

Anyone have any experience with it firsthand? I read some solid reviews on it, there don't seem to be any glaring issues beyond it could use a little extra waterproofing before installing which is no big deal to me.

Or is anyone trying to get rid of a winch and winch mount?
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 8/4/2012, 9:15 am

I used the supplied loc-tite from SpiderTrax.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

rear - Hi I'm Rob Empty winch

Post  Mark 8/4/2012, 9:36 am

The price on winch seems ok .
All you need though is a 8 or 9 thousand pound winch.
http://www.undercoverfab.com/winch-plates/54-hd-winch-plate-for-jeep-tj-carbon-alum.html
I have one of these aluminum winch plates on my jeep ,it is very light and strong.
IF you shop around you can get a plate for about 60 to 80 dollars

Looks like you should remove all wheels ,re loctite (red) the spacers and torque them to 105 plus lbs or so, no less.
before you loose another.
I have installed many and never had a issue and some of the rigs had 35s on them.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum