North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3" Zone kit

+4
CrawlingForward
dongalonga
janesy
RobSheaTJ
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3" Zone kit - Page 2 Empty Re: 3" Zone kit

Post  janesy 5/7/2012, 12:52 pm

Yuup, sorry it was as bad for you as it was for me... It definitely took me as long to do just the rear shocks as it took to do the rest of the lift, bl and mml combined.

At least you got it done tho.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  RobSheaTJ 5/7/2012, 1:08 pm

They're out and ready for the new shocks anyways. I had no idea about this problem until it happened to me. As soon as I searched the internet for "Broken upper rear shock mount bolt" I got about a million hits from other TJ owners. Fucking Jeeps.
RobSheaTJ
RobSheaTJ
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 5/7/2012, 1:18 pm

Mine were the same way. The previous owner drilled new holes for 2 of the broken bolts. When I replaced my shocks I used stainless steel bolts. I'll never have that problem again.
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2