North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Figured out my vibrations, ha ha

3 posters

Go down

Figured out my vibrations, ha ha Empty Figured out my vibrations, ha ha

Post  CrawlingForward 5/7/2012, 10:41 am

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Solved the vibration issue! This is just too ridiculous not to share. Almost as bad as my balljoint video.

And after

Look at the shape of the old splines against the shape of the new....

Figured out my vibrations, ha ha 319828_10100553889917016_5503106_50361953_1020351173_n

WTF!?

37's with automatic lockers should not be used with an 8.8, evidently.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Figured out my vibrations, ha ha Empty Re: Figured out my vibrations, ha ha

Post  ArticRubi 5/7/2012, 11:23 am

EEK! those are some rough looking teeth! They are rounded off in a uniform fashion though. Very Happy

This is actually a good example of why Patriot has limitations on tire sizes you can run. D30 is 33" max, you can run 35's on D44's but nothing larger. I'm trying to push for 37's to be allowed for modified D44's (sleeved, trussed) but I doubt it's going to work.

The guidelines are a bit strict, but it prevents one person's bad choices in a build from ruining everyone's wheeling trip.
ArticRubi
ArticRubi
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 5/7/2012, 11:37 am

Yeah, you would thing that it would be only on one side....

I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that, ha ha.

Very happy to finally have figured it out. Between the old axless gearing and the new axle's yoke, I am now able to comfortably go 60+ mph for the first time in over a *year*!

And did I mention I did it getting 20mpg!!!!!! (I did 100 miles yesterday using only 5 gallons of gas!)
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 5/7/2012, 8:38 pm

ArticRubi wrote:D30 is 33" max

Do you mean D35? There are a ton of us that run 35s on D30s/HP30s. Most with 8.8s or 44s in the back, though.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ArticRubi 5/7/2012, 9:20 pm

Ryan M wrote:
Do you mean D35? There are a ton of us that run 35s on D30s/HP30s. Most with 8.8s or 44s in the back, though.

Nope, I'd like to say otherwise but they're pretty serious about it. I know that a D30 is plenty capable of handling 35's if built correctly, but they have definitely set a policy against it. I'm going to end up running 37's and I'm lobbying for them to allow it on modified D44's but I can't say I'm confident it'll pass.
ArticRubi
ArticRubi
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum