North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marc's Build

+9
dongalonga
Jake
White Buffalo
Tonellin
CrawlingForward
Rafikie
Mark
Ryan McKee
mrj42290
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marc's Build - Page 2 Empty Re: Marc's Build

Post  mrj42290 5/27/2015, 11:30 am

Jeep failed inspection this week. Apparently there is a hole in my tail pipe (which is completely rotted through so not exactly a big shock). With that being said, I think this is probably the best time to upgrade the overall exhaust system. I'm looking for something that makes the Jeep SOUND a little bigger without being obnoxious. I'm torn between:

Dynomax #17345
http://www.quadratec.com/products/17605_5001_07.htm and

Banks
http://www.quadratec.com/products/17603_601X_07_PG.htm

I've heard great things about both (and most magnaflows) and figure the Dynomax will be a little quieter. The Banks seems to be a little louder/better quality without being overly aggressive.

Do any of you have experience with either? How is the install? I've researched this for hours and have found entirely different responses (as with anything, I guess) depending on the rust, etc. Seems like something fairly straightforward and should be completely bolt on with no cutting but I know a lot of people haven't had that experience.
mrj42290
mrj42290
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 5/27/2015, 11:37 am

I'm pretty sure I have the Dynomax one. It's nothing crazy. A little louder than stock, probably, but without any unreasonable droning or the like.

As with any exhaust work, hope for the best, expect the worst. If you have a body lift it will be easier.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 5/27/2015, 2:11 pm

I will be running Magnaflow in the near future.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/28/2015, 9:14 am

I had a Dynomax non stainless muffler, it was my first exhaust i had installed on my jeep and it didn't last long, the muffler rotted out quickly.
Now i have the complete Magnaflow stainless system from the manifold to tail pipe,  it went right on w/o any modifications at all.
It also came with the catalytic converter .

Last edited by Mark on 5/28/2015, 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 5/28/2015, 4:53 pm

Whichever one you get just make sure its stainless. either 409 or 305. Note that one of these two while being stainless will get surface rust/spots, you should look for the one having higher chromium or chrominium (not sure of the exact wording)
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 5/28/2015, 8:12 pm

Since you asked the other day, I've got a Magnaflow cat-back and muffler, with an immediate turn-down after the muffler. Pipe doesn't go over the axle which allows it to compress while flexing without damaging the pipe. Decently loud, good tone, no drone... all for under $200. If your cat is good, go with the smallest muffler you can and put a turndown!
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrj42290 5/29/2015, 9:18 am

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I had originally thought the Dynomax was stainless but in looking again, it's not. I think T304 is the higher quality. Something like 20 or 25% chromium if I remember correctly. I'm going to try to order something this weekend so I'll keep you guys posted.
mrj42290
mrj42290
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2