North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did your Jeep get for Christmas

4 posters

Go down

What did your Jeep get for Christmas Empty What did your Jeep get for Christmas

Post  angri 1/9/2013, 11:15 pm

I'm getting ready to start installing some of my new stuff so it seemed fun to see what others got for the holiday.
I got a new VDP sub woofer kit for the rear. I also got a new OBA kit. My wife bought me the Viair ultra duty kit, 200 psi Smile I decided to get a second compressor to go with the kit. Both compressor run 200 psi.
I also got a Sony 600 watt amp to drive my front speakers.
Lastly I got new driving lights.
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

What did your Jeep get for Christmas Empty Re: What did your Jeep get for Christmas

Post  Rob Cote 1/10/2013, 7:23 am

I've got on-board air in my car (not in my Jeep......yet) and I think it's VERY wise of you to install a second compressor. Just make sure you fuse them separately. That way, if you blow a fuse, you haven't lost any functionality.

I got YJ seats that don't fit Evil or Very Mad
And yesterday (so kinda for Christmas?) I got an OTK steering linkage from IRO because I hate ball joints. lol! No, well, yeah I do, but also because mine is about to fall out. I looked at the Currie stuff, too, but I do like ditching ball joints for heims.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

What did your Jeep get for Christmas Empty Re: What did your Jeep get for Christmas

Post  Mark 1/10/2013, 8:37 am

I have had the currie steering on my jeep for four or five years now and no signs of wear what so ever.
Bashed off of many boulders and stumps (with the linkage) and never bent it .
It is very tough, I have about 80 k on it.
Heim joints are ok, but they seem to wear out prematurely and you can't keep the mud, dust, dirt and water from getting in them and accelerating the wear process.
I think that someone makes boots for them!
I have them on my anti rock, we shall see how long they last.
I like the fact that I can grease the currie and flush out the old grease. plus it is super strong .
You will always have ball joints, uppers and lowers that is.
I'm not knocking your choice of steering linkage, that's good stuff!
I do like the over the knuckle approach. I'm sure you will like it....
Six of one, half dozen of the other, there is one for every seat.

Last edited by Markmmaark on 1/10/2013, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/10/2013, 9:15 am

Hey matt, how are you making out with your rolling boom box LOL.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 1/10/2013, 9:35 am

Markmmaark wrote:You will always have ball joints, uppers and lowers that is.
I'm not knocking your choice of steering linkage, that's good stuff!
I do like the over the knuckle approach. I'm sure you will like it....
Six of one, half dozen of the other, there is one for every seat.

Mark, I know the Currie has gotten excellent reviews all around. It seems the IRO stuff is a little less popular but for no clear reason. I like to go a bit against the grain anyways. I'll be sure to report my findings. I found dust boots for heim joints on McMaster-Carr. I'm going to do the install without them first just to make sure everything goes smoothly and I also want to get a good look at the assembly installed to make sure a dust boot isn't going to negatively affect anything. I also need to verify the size. If everything is a go, I'm going to order the dust boots and slap 'em on.

If I hate it once it's in there, or if it breaks easily, I'll go with Currie. Curiosity got the best of me, so I got IRO parts. As you said, 6 one, dozen other. farao
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/10/2013, 10:00 am

Awesome that you can put boots on there, I knew that I had read some where that somebody made them.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/11/2013, 8:26 am

Are the heim joints greaseable?
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 1/11/2013, 9:23 am

I got some A to Z rock sliders from the wifey, which she let me have before xmas so I could get em on in the nice weather.

And with some money I got, I have some Smitty rear steel flares on the way so I can keep the rooster tail down...
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/11/2013, 9:29 am

Great, now you can drive with your windows open and your rear view mirrors won't get plastered with crap!! LOL
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 1/11/2013, 9:49 am

Markmmaark wrote:Great, now you can drive with your windows open and your rear view mirrors won't get plastered with crap!! LOL

Haha yea. I don't daily drive it and usually not in the rain anyway, but it will be nice to have incase. Plus I def need em for inspection coming up.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down