North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally getting the fix for my steering issues

4 posters

Go down

Finally getting the fix for my steering issues Empty Finally getting the fix for my steering issues

Post  JaFra 1/18/2013, 10:25 am

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, yet inexpensive adjustable track bar and steering stabilizer? The Jeep is all over the road, and frankly, I'd like to center the axle.
JaFra
JaFra
Admin

http://www.jafradesign.com

Back to top Go down

Finally getting the fix for my steering issues Empty Re: Finally getting the fix for my steering issues

Post  Mark 1/18/2013, 12:03 pm

Jarret,
There are no inexpensive track bars that are good. You get what you pay for!!!
If you buy a cheap one, in the end it bites you and you have to buy another one.
JKS or Currie are what I recommend and have always used.
They are rebuildable.
Stabilizer is not the problem as much as worn parts or misalignment is.
front???
Did you ever get rear wheels centered??

Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Finally getting the fix for my steering issues Empty Re: Finally getting the fix for my steering issues

Post  JaFra 1/18/2013, 1:53 pm

Yup. The lift came with a rear track bar relocation bracket. The front axle is shifted about an inch and a half towards the passenger side. I was looking at the Rubicon Express track bar. I haven't been disappointed with their lift, although I know that 4wd.com has bought them out, so I don't know if their quality has diminished.
JaFra
JaFra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/18/2013, 2:06 pm

Well If i'm not mistaken, matt had one and bent it so he and I replaced it with a jks
and there was a considerable difference between the two.
A jks with a johnny joint at frame end with a factory bushing at differential end to absorb some of the harshsness.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/18/2013, 2:12 pm

I don't know what brand of rear track bar Ryan had in the rear of his I think it broke, not sure, but he replaced it with a jks.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 1/18/2013, 2:19 pm

Like Mark said, you get what you pay for. That said I'd go Currie or JKS and be done. When I decide to pony up for one I'll be going with Currie.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  JaFra 1/18/2013, 2:21 pm

Well here's the question of the hour then. I'm looking at the JKS trackbars, and there is a choice between 2 of them. 0-3.5" of lift, and over 4" of lift. The problem is that I have the Rubicon Express 3.5" lift, but it sits about an inch higher than advertised. So which one would I be better off going with to be safe?
JaFra
JaFra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/18/2013, 2:43 pm

I'm pretty sure that I have the 0 -3 1/2 on mine and I have 3 inch lift springs with spacers too .
The two track bars are almost identical to each other.
I had it when it was a 2 in lift and now it is over 4 inchs,,, so it must be 0-3 1/2.
I have had it for approximately 50 k miles and is still tight and it has gone over and through alot of rough terrain. # 0gs125 ?
I went through 2 terraflex front track bars, the frame end tie rod wore right out, had to junk them.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/18/2013, 3:06 pm

Your lift is advertised as a 31/2 inch lift even though it went up more than that so I believe that the 3 1/2 is correct one.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 1/19/2013, 10:11 am

I've got the Currie 9120 TJJ Track Bar up front, and the JKS OGS151 in the rear. The TJJ is hailed as the "greatest on the market", but the JKS uses almost identical components. I wouldn't be afraid to run the JKS after seeing the quality of the rear bar I just received from them.

As far as which height: I'd get the "over 4". AFAIK, the only difference is how much thread is included in the bushing end... better to have more than enough rather than less than you need. If you want, call up Jason at Jeepin' Outfitters and ask him- great guy to do business with and he'll give you a JeepForum discount.

JeepinOutfitters
972-221-5286, 9am-6pm CST, M-F
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/19/2013, 11:01 am

The only difference that I know of between the two brands are the end/joint options.
I had put the 0-31/2 and 4+ side by side years ago but can't remember the difference between the two.
I'm not sure if it was thread length on diff end, bend of actual tubing or length of tubing.
Good idea to give a call and get more info.
I have the 0-31/2 on my jeep and there is plenty of thread .
Doesn't matter if you get jks or currie, you can't go wrong.

+
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down