North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeep Comanche Build

+4
THOOPY3
dongalonga
Rob Cote
Tonellin
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Jeep Comanche Build - Page 5 Empty Re: Jeep Comanche Build

Post  Rob Cote 11/3/2015, 10:26 am

SIIIIICK nice work
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Rjcinelli 11/3/2015, 10:32 am

Rob Cote wrote:SIIIIICK nice work

Thanks, I'm hoping to finish up the little things tomorrow and be good to bring it home tomorrow night. Then it's time to hook up my Boostwerks shift linkage finally, I know Andrew will be happy with that, instead of me crawling under the truck to engage 4wd tongue Anybody want to take some parts off my hands? I have a bunch of spare motor parts for a 2.5, two good heads, some pistons, rods, a used but seems good water pump (XJ or MJ), power steering pump for a YJ, thermostat housing for YJ, good alternator for YJ, starter from my MJ, take anything for $5 each, heads would be $25 each I just want to recoup some money and help anyone out if they need it, I'll take a picture of it all tomorrow
Rjcinelli
Rjcinelli
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-NvincibleT 11/6/2015, 9:20 pm

Its alive!
Dave-NvincibleT
Dave-NvincibleT
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Rjcinelli 11/17/2015, 11:47 am

Starting the dreaded heater core... Update to come later tonight
Rjcinelli
Rjcinelli
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 11/17/2015, 12:09 pm

You're sweating a heater core replacement after doing a motor swap? The core should be nothing compared to that.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rjcinelli 11/18/2015, 9:26 am

THOOPY3 wrote:You're sweating a heater core replacement after doing a motor swap? The core should be nothing compared to that.

I had never done one before and everyone says how bad they are, I pulled the dash pretty quick and had the hvac box out quick too, really wasn't too bad, going to put the new one in tonight, hoping I'll have an extra set of hands to help me line up the dash for now it's held in by the two 15mm bolts on the side while I drive it, sure is a lot colder with the openings in the firewall right now
Rjcinelli
Rjcinelli
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 11/18/2015, 9:59 am

Yeah it definitely helps having a second set of hands. Trying to line up the studs on the HVAC box with their corresponding holes in the fire wall without someone either directing or helping is definitely challenging.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rjcinelli 5/15/2017, 3:19 pm

Okay guys been way too long, sold the truck in January of 2016, regretted it and bought it back in November of 2016 as some of you know I went on two wheeling trips. Anyways, motor is junk because I may have forgot to add oil due to all the chaos of getting it to run... What was I thinking. So I recently bought a motor from low mileage parts and am not happy with it for the cost. Shipping it back and am hopefully pulling the trigger on a 4.0 4x4 Comanche to use as a donor. Much more work than I anticipated but for the price I can't beat it. https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6130778307.html That's the link to the donor.

I have three questions that I'm hoping can be answered. 1. Since both vehicles are renix I am under the impression I do not have the change out the interior harness, just the ECU... Does anybody know if this is correct? 2. I know I have to swap the fuel pump out to the 4.0 one, can I just mount that in my 2.5 gas tank? 3. I read that I need to cut up my front end to fit the 4.0 radiator but I'm thinking I can swap the front ends and not have to cut anything up? Going to look at the truck tomorrow and run a compression test hopefully it checks out good!
Rjcinelli
Rjcinelli
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5