North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currie AntiRock

+6
saxmanclay
ArticRubi
janesy
Racer38
Mark
angri
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Currie AntiRock Empty Currie AntiRock

Post  angri 6/1/2012, 10:00 pm

I just ordered a Currie AntiRock. do any of you run the antirock? Do you like it? Which hole do you attach the link to?

Thanks

Matt
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Currie AntiRock Empty anti rock

Post  Mark 6/2/2012, 11:40 am

yeah i have one, but it is classified info
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Currie AntiRock Empty Re: Currie AntiRock

Post  Racer38 6/2/2012, 6:43 pm

I thought about getting one, but don't want to do any cutting on the bumper to get it to fit through the frame so I'll stick with my Disco's..
Racer38
Racer38
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/4/2012, 8:14 am

Racer38 wrote:I thought about getting one, but don't want to do any cutting on the bumper to get it to fit through the frame so I'll stick with my Disco's..

From what I've read it helps to keep all 4 tires on the ground and actually improves offraod performance as opposed to being disconnected. I'll let you know how that works.
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 6/4/2012, 8:34 am

Everything I've read on it has been nothing but great reviews, one of these is in my future, but who knows when, as I want a lot of parts for the Jeep...
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 6/4/2012, 11:31 am

The anti rock works fine. I have one in the front. It is a big difference on road / highway so you have to be mindful as it dives into corners a lot more at high speed, than with the stock sway bar.
But off road it is so much better than being disconnected,or o/e connected.
You can drive with much more control in the washboard etc , and it has more traction than just being disconnected.
You can drive with much more control and at higher speeds on trails if needed.
You should read instructions and watch video as to get a good idea or how to set up , adjust travel and angle.

I have installed a few in the front and know what's up with them.

Any problems or questions setting it up let me know matt.

Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Racer38 6/4/2012, 5:58 pm

Well this intrigued me so I did some research, there appears to be two schools of thought on the Currie AntiRock.

Those that love it and those that hate it, but everyone agrees that it is a compromise. For full on trail use its very mushy on the street, and if its good on the street it restricts your flex on the trail. Personally I don't let the body roll on the trails bother me on off camber stuff, I don't want to be lulled into a false feeling of security only to roll it, kind of like the seat of the pants feel as to the body roll.

I'm looking forward to Matt's evaluation of it !!

Here is what Teraflex says about their system and it looks about the same.

The TeraFlex Trail S/T Swaybar System provides trail-tuned torsion resistance when off-road. Fits all TJ Wrangler models including Rubicon and Unlimited. This is NOT recommended for daily street driven vehicles, and is intended for trail specific vehicles (this swaybar does not provide adequate highway anti-roll swaybar characteristics).
Racer38
Racer38
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  ArticRubi 6/4/2012, 6:51 pm

There are two types of flex: maximum flex, and usable flex.

Maximum flex looks great on the RTI ramp and for the poser shots, but the fact is at that point, you aren't getting much traction on that wheel, all of your weight is on the other three. Usable flex is the premise under which Currie operates when they designed the Anti-Rock. The idea is to keep all four tires planted on the ground.
ArticRubi
ArticRubi
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/4/2012, 9:25 pm

If it wasn't stupid money I would have bought a TeraFlex Dual torsion bar setup. One for the street and one for the trail. Best of both worlds.
That being said I'm currently driving around disconnected all the time and to be honest it doesn't bother me. I figured for just about 1/4 the cost of the Teraflex I could get the offroad performance I'm looking for. At least that's the goal. we'll see how it turns out.

angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 6/4/2012, 9:42 pm

Don't worry matt it works fine. And if it doesn't bother you being disconnected. then you will like the antirock when it is connected as it is so much better than being disconnected;

Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/4/2012, 9:49 pm

Markmmaark wrote:Don't worry matt it works fine. And if it doesn't bother you being disconnected. then you will like the antirock when it is connected as it is so much better than being disconnected;

Thanks for the info Mark. I figured it had to be better than being disconnected all together on the street too.
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Racer38 6/5/2012, 5:29 am

angri wrote:
Markmmaark wrote:Don't worry matt it works fine. And if it doesn't bother you being disconnected. then you will like the antirock when it is connected as it is so much better than being disconnected;

Thanks for the info Mark. I figured it had to be better than being disconnected all together on the street too.

Geez Matt I didnt know you were disconnected all the time, it definitely should make it feel better on the street. Please do an install write up and take a bunch of pic's and let us know how you like it off road. I guess I just have trouble wrapping my head around that torsion bar having that much travel, hell its a solid steel rod. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing it in action !
Racer38
Racer38
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/5/2012, 6:36 am

Lol @Craig. I broke a disconnect on an ENH run a couple weeks ago. I was looking at JKS disconnects and was disgusted at the cost ($165). I bought the antirock for $311 delivered. I also did not enjoy removing the broken link. It was muddy as hell and my hands got all muddy. That in itself sold me on the Currie product.
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  saxmanclay 6/5/2012, 11:22 am

I have an antirock on my Jeep, and my fiance has one on her XJ. I got mine because I found it for dirt cheap on craigslist, and my fiance got hers because she didn't like getting her hands dirty when she connected her links last time we went out.

We both love ours. I set both of them on the stiffest setting, and it's only a little looser than the stock set up.
saxmanclay
saxmanclay
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 6/5/2012, 11:34 am

I have my anti rock on the next to easiest setting
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/5/2012, 12:11 pm

Thank you Mark!

I'm installing it Saturday. If you're free stop by. For that matter anyone who is interested fel free to stop by.
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 6/5/2012, 5:08 pm

Hey MATT, if i can i will come down. I might go to laconia Saturday and check out the zoo, A bit of install advice, put both arms on torsion bar on flat ground and then you can be sure that they are on same spline. Then you can mark the torsion bar at each end where pinch bolt gap is so it will be on same spline when you put it on. Any questions pm or call me.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/5/2012, 5:10 pm

That makes perfect sense. Thanks!
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/7/2012, 12:15 am

It arrived today Smile
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 6/7/2012, 2:28 pm

well ... put it on the jeep
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/7/2012, 2:29 pm

Can't I work 14 hours a day
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Currie AntiRock Empty day

Post  Mark 6/7/2012, 9:55 pm

I know, there is not enough time in the day to work.
You should work a bit more lol.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/11/2012, 9:00 am

I got the antirock installed Saturday just in time for Sundays run. It's no surprise that on road performance is much better than being disconnected all together. I have it set on the second lightest setting. Off road I was very happy with it. I did notice the front wheels stayed on the ground and had better traction. Not being locked in the front I could really notice the difference. It's my opinion that he extra $100 for the Currie AntiRock over the JKS quicker disconnects is well worth. My opinion was reinforced after the run when everyone was fucking around with their links trying to reconnect and i was sipping a coffee instead. Wink
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyb373 6/11/2012, 11:11 am

angri wrote:I got the antirock installed Saturday just in time for Sundays run. It's no surprise that on road performance is much better than being disconnected all together. I have it set on the second lightest setting. Off road I was very happy with it. I did notice the front wheels stayed on the ground and had better traction. Not being locked in the front I could really notice the difference. It's my opinion that he extra $100 for the Currie AntiRock over the JKS quicker disconnects is well worth. My opinion was reinforced after the run when everyone was fucking around with their links trying to reconnect and i was sipping a coffee instead. Wink

bite me

Im thinking i might be the next one to upgrade to the antirock.
donnyb373
donnyb373
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  angri 6/11/2012, 11:20 am

donnyb373 wrote:
angri wrote:I got the antirock installed Saturday just in time for Sundays run. It's no surprise that on road performance is much better than being disconnected all together. I have it set on the second lightest setting. Off road I was very happy with it. I did notice the front wheels stayed on the ground and had better traction. Not being locked in the front I could really notice the difference. It's my opinion that he extra $100 for the Currie AntiRock over the JKS quicker disconnects is well worth. My opinion was reinforced after the run when everyone was fucking around with their links trying to reconnect and i was sipping a coffee instead. Wink

bite me

Im thinking i might be the next one to upgrade to the antirock.

lmfao
Cheapest I could find and it shipped same day. http://www.rustysoffroad.com/currie-enterprises-antirock-sway-bar-kit-97-00-tj.html
angri
angri
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next