North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of work to do. Who wants to help?

5 posters

Go down

Lots of work to do. Who wants to help? Empty Lots of work to do. Who wants to help?

Post  saxmanclay 12/19/2012, 10:04 am

Hey guys! The week during and after X-mas I have a lot of time off, specifically from Dec. 26-Jan 2. During that time I will be doing the following:

-Install new brakes (front and rear)
-Rear drum to disc conversion
-New brake lights
-New rear bumper with reverse lights

If any of you want to come over to my parents house and help out, it would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's just for half an hour to stop by and say hello or really get into the work, it would be awesome to see any of you. Let me know if you'll be stopping by in the comments. rendeer
saxmanclay
saxmanclay
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Lots of work to do. Who wants to help? Empty Re: Lots of work to do. Who wants to help?

Post  Mark 12/19/2012, 11:13 am

Hey Clayton, what do you have for a rear end , 35/44?
Did you source parts or are you using a kit?
I did mine, I used parts from a 1998 v8 grand cherokee and e brake cables from a rubicon.

You have to swap wheel studs ( THE WHEELS WILL BOLT ON BUT ONLY BY A COUPLE OF THREADS) do not skip this step ! Unless you have after market axles with extra long studs.

You have to use studs for the grand cherokee 1995 to 1998 v8 with rear disc brakes, I forget year exactly,,, because the rotor you will be installing is alot thicker than the brake drum that you are replacing!!!
You should do while you have axles out and replace axle seals while you are there even if they are not leaking.
Good luck,, Mark..
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Lots of work to do. Who wants to help? Empty Re: Lots of work to do. Who wants to help?

Post  saxmanclay 12/19/2012, 12:01 pm

Markmmaark wrote:Hey Clayton, what do you have for a rear end , 35/44?
Did you source parts or are you using a kit?
I did mine, I used parts from a 1998 v8 grand cherokee and e brake cables from a rubicon.

You have to swap wheel studs ( THE WHEELS WILL BOLT ON BUT ONLY BY A COUPLE OF THREADS) do not skip this step ! Unless you have after market axles with extra long studs.

You have to use studs for the grand cherokee 1995 to 1998 v8 with rear disc brakes, I forget year exactly,,, because the rotor you will be installing is alot thicker than the brake drum that you are replacing!!!
You should do while you have axles out and replace axle seals while you are there even if they are not leaking.
Good luck,, Mark..

I got the parts from a 96 Grand Cherokee. And good point about the wheel studs. My wife has the rear disc swap on her 8.25, and I noticed that she needs some slightly longer wheel studs too. I'll definitely pick some up before I start.
saxmanclay
saxmanclay
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 12/19/2012, 12:28 pm

I got calipers from salvage yard when i got brackets and backing plates etc.
I used the calipers for a core at auto zone, now they have warranty and are rebuilt too.
You should get and make new 3/16 brake lines, just measure after e thing else is done.
I drilled holes in coil spring buckets to bolt on grand cherokee rubber hoses and then made new 3/16 lines.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 12/20/2012, 2:31 pm

I may have the studs you need. I will take a look.

You're in luck. I have all 10 that I didn't end up using. PN 4762841
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  saxmanclay 12/20/2012, 10:41 pm

dongalonga wrote:I may have the studs you need. I will take a look.

You're in luck. I have all 10 that I didn't end up using. PN 4762841

Nice! What are the chances of me getting them off of you?
saxmanclay
saxmanclay
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 12/20/2012, 11:54 pm

saxmanclay wrote:
Nice! What are the chances of me getting them off of you?

Pretty low. Shaun's a tricky guy... always says he's gonna make it somewhere, never shows up.... time after time......
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 12/21/2012, 12:02 am

Hey now. I am available Sunday after 2pm. Let me know where you want to meet up.

BTW Ryan when are you going to tune my CB Razz
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 12/21/2012, 10:22 am

BREAKER !! BREAKER !! Good buddy got your ears on? LOL
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 12/21/2012, 12:16 pm

Clayton, I could press them in for you, I have a shop press but i'm here in Haverhill.
Kind or far to go just for that, but if you need to let me know.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  saxmanclay 12/21/2012, 12:18 pm

Markmmaark wrote:Clayton, I could press them in for you, I have a shop press but i'm here in Haverhill.
Kind or far to go just for that, but if you need to let me know.

I actually live in Lawrence now, but I'll be doing the work at my parents house. I could easily stop by one day and have you press them in. That would be fantastic.
saxmanclay
saxmanclay
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 12/21/2012, 12:29 pm

No problem i'm here most of the time. I will pm you my cell #
You do mean stop by with axles in hand?
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 12/21/2012, 1:17 pm

See? This is why I miss you guys.

This thread = Lots of awesome people that I miss all helping out!

I'll only be back in Boston from tonight through Christmas Day, but I hope everything comes together!
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 12/29/2012, 8:34 pm

Still need those studs? Never heard back from you.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  saxmanclay 12/30/2012, 11:45 am

dongalonga wrote:Still need those studs? Never heard back from you.

Yes I do. Sorry for the late response. Could I pick them up tomorrow?
saxmanclay
saxmanclay
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 12/30/2012, 12:13 pm

That shouldn't be a problem. Text me when you're ready 978-979-9581
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 1/1/2013, 6:22 pm

Wednesday is good to come over.
Mark,
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down