North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit

5 posters

Go down

Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit Empty Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit

Post  dongalonga 3/31/2012, 11:51 pm

I know these are apples and oranges and the SA vs LA debate has been done. However, these are the two kits I have narrowed my search down to. Heres my take thus far:

Price- About equal when you factor in all of the extras needed for both kits

Quality: Again I will say a draw

Capability: This is where most of my questions are. Which one will fit the needs of the trails around us better.

So, what is everyones take on this matter. I really don't know which of the 2 would be better for my rig and the way I intend to use it. This is primarily a highway vehicle with some "weekend trips" from time to time.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit Empty kit

Post  Mark 4/1/2012, 3:10 pm

NEITHER =JKS
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit Empty KIT

Post  Mark 4/1/2012, 3:12 pm

Really, if one or other clayton la if more on road
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit Empty Re: Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit

Post  dongalonga 4/1/2012, 7:48 pm

I should mention I will be on 33x12.50
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit Empty Re: Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit

Post  Ryan McKee 4/2/2012, 10:49 am

Currie 4" S.A. the long arm fad has faded, and if you intend on wheeling in this area and still maintaining a smooth ride I would go with the short arm kit. Better clearance, and nothing around here will require the articulation that long arms give you.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 4/2/2012, 11:55 am

Thanks for the input. That was my thought as well. I started reading on JF and the consensus was 4" is max on SA.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyb373 4/10/2012, 12:43 pm

Ryan M wrote:Currie 4" S.A. the long arm fad has faded, and if you intend on wheeling in this area and still maintaining a smooth ride I would go with the short arm kit. Better clearance, and nothing around here will require the articulation that long arms give you.

Ryan I wold have to disagree here. First the long arm "fad" has definantly not faded and with long arms you will have a waaaaaaaaaaaay smoother ride than with short arms. PLus there is some stuff around that long arms help ALOT. plus he plans on taking his rig to moab with me next easter.

For an all around rig that plays in the mud/rocks and takes long highway trips long arms are the way to go. My rig rides like a caddy now compared to the short arm lift I had before. I could tell you if a penny was heads or tails before not to mention while wheeling Disconnected being thrown around like a rag doll.

just my .02 if the cost is going to be the same why not go with a better lift that will make your rig more capable in the future? just sayin
donnyb373
donnyb373
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Savvy/Currie 4" SA Kit vs Clayton 4" LA Kit Empty long arm

Post  Mark 4/10/2012, 12:47 pm

I agree , long arm. I have installed and test driven a few long arm kits and they ride so much better .
As for la or sa, as long as you are out there that's all that matters.
They both have their pros and cons.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 4/10/2012, 3:03 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going with the Savvy/Currie 3". Being that its all JJ it will ride well and have plenty of flex. I guess we will see how many times I get stuck at Moab.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  2003x 4/15/2012, 8:32 pm

I ran short arm kit for about 5 years, and when I upgraded to a long arm kit, the ride was 100x's better. I am waiting on Bilstein Shocks which will improve the ride significantly. Do what your budget allows and what you feel happy doing. I learned that a long time ago....
2003x
2003x
Mall Crawler

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2003x-tj-build-944608/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down