North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rampage Bikini Top(full), Windjammer, and Toneau -TJ

+2
2003x
oathkeeper4freedom
6 posters

Go down

Rampage Bikini Top(full), Windjammer, and Toneau -TJ Empty Rampage Bikini Top(full), Windjammer, and Toneau -TJ

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 7/30/2012, 9:52 pm

Bought and used for only a week(ish). Might as well call it new. I now have the frameless soft top and have no need for this....AWESOME DEAL......Full Bikini Top(zippered in middle), windjammer with clear, nontined window, and toneau for back cargo area. I loved the way the jeep looked with it on, but since Ive spent more money on a new top, this has got to go....100 OBO...i could bring it to ya if you are close....508-216-4479

Last edited by oathkeeper4freedom on 8/2/2012, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text modification)
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Rampage Bikini Top(full), Windjammer, and Toneau -TJ Empty Re: Rampage Bikini Top(full), Windjammer, and Toneau -TJ

Post  2003x 8/3/2012, 9:42 pm

Pic with it installed? I may be interested. Do you need the windshield channel with this?
2003x
2003x
Mall Crawler

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2003x-tj-build-944608/

Back to top Go down

Rampage Bikini Top(full), Windjammer, and Toneau -TJ Empty Re: Rampage Bikini Top(full), Windjammer, and Toneau -TJ

Post  ol'blue 8/4/2012, 5:03 pm

x2 on pics please!
ol'blue
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/4/2012, 9:49 pm

no pics with it on the jeep....just went to the garge to take some photos and they all ended up looking like garbage...so...i went to the rampage website, stole their photo and am putting it up....exact same thing I have except I have the additional top piece that would allow coverage over the rear passengers. You will need a front window channel header and rear tailgate bar if you are planning on using the tonneau cover. Check with Jeff at Crown Auto in Canton, he gets amazing prices on the hardware. I also recomend the door surounds if you do not have them...I found mine on craigslist for 50 bucks.....My wife really wants me to sell this as I now have the frameless top....
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/4/2012, 9:51 pm

for what ever reason, I am unable to post pics on here....UGH...heres the link...

http://www.rampageproducts.com/Catalog/Page14.html
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/4/2012, 9:58 pm

btw...we are leaving for vacation on monday....lemme know if you want it this weekend...
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  2003x 8/5/2012, 4:23 pm

I like it, but I don't want to run a windshield channel. Thanks for posting.
2003x
2003x
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/5/2012, 7:00 pm

if you are considering any soft top( I believe) you would have to get the channel....install is easy with the no drill type....it took me less than 10 min to put it in....
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  ol'blue 8/6/2012, 9:25 am

would the stock water channel/door surrounds work? by water channel is that the piece over the windshield?
ol'blue
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/9/2012, 5:14 pm

it should as long as you could put a soft top on. i mean, I purchased the aftermarket windshield channel b/c I was running a hard top but if you have softtop hardware, you should be fine. Also, my door surrounds are oem I purchased used off of craigslist. Give Jeff a call at crown in canton, he could help ya out.
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  janesy 8/10/2012, 6:42 am

If it uses the same header as the Rampage frameless, then I'd believe you'd need that as well.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/10/2012, 7:18 am

i think you need the header channel if you do not have stock soft top hardware...from the rampage website...

"NOTE: Requires Windshield channel, factory soft top door surrounds and tail gate bar. If the soft top is replacing a hard top application, these parts are required and can be purchased separately"
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 8/10/2012, 1:34 pm

I like it, but I don't want to run a windshield channel.

That's what is holding your's on.
That is what is holding on everbody elses on who has a tj.
Flip the two levers and it is off or on exactly like the soft top you have now.
There is no other way to put one on unless you have a yj or you get one of them screw on channels
, but why would someone do that. Unless they did not know better

This is just to let everyone know, to clear up any confusion , that's all.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/10/2012, 4:51 pm

i hear ya about the windshield channel...thats why I opted for the non drill on type....pretty ingenious design...it just clips into the hardtop clip slots and uses a screw/clamp thing to hold er on...no drill...no worries...
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  2003x 8/10/2012, 10:01 pm

Markmmaark wrote:I like it, but I don't want to run a windshield channel.

That's what is holding your's on.
That is what is holding on everbody elses on who has a tj.
Flip the two levers and it is off or on exactly like the soft top you have now.
There is no other way to put one on unless you have a yj or you get one of them screw on channels
, but why would someone do that. Unless they did not know better

This is just to let everyone know, to clear up any confusion , that's all.

I am going to assume this is the piece required to run the top that is being sold, http://www.rampageproducts.com/Catalog/Details/Page12_10.html (901004) If so it looks like the new top slides in to the slots on the piece. I do not have this piece on my current soft top and I do not want to run this piece because it will not allow me to run my stock soft top, at the same time. I do not want to run the half top all summer. Unless your saying that this windshield piece stays in place and I ran run my soft top as well.
2003x
2003x
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  blue55 8/11/2012, 9:21 am

Yes, That looks like the piece that you would need to buy for the bikini. (901004)
(Some soft tops slide into this piece that clips onto the front, but most have one that is always attached and a part of the soft top)

For any way of setting up, there is no possible way to run a soft top, any soft top, and a bikini, any bikini, at the very same time. (Like as in storing it under there???)
Both need to be securely attached in the front in the same fashion
(or at xyz MPH the bikini will catch serious wind and fly away)
But for any setup, including this one, the bikini just clips off, rolls up, and can be tossed into the back. Leave the channel slid onto it. It's pretty quick. Then the soft top can then be pulled forward and clip it's channel part on there instead.
(It's only the screw on type thats a major pain. So if he says that the 901004 works then you could ask for no better)

[[Regarding a different area, my soft top can flip down (and tuck around just a bit), and can have the toneau go right over it, at the very same time. This "storing" setup in the back works, at least it does for mine. My toneau has a litttle extra space at the back corners for the soft top to fit under while its flipped back. I'm not sure if all do, but mine does.]]

You could switch between the bikini and full soft top as weather or shopping habits dictate throughout the summer with no more difficulty then the usual effort of pulling forward a soft top.

blue55
blue55
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  oathkeeper4freedom 8/11/2012, 8:03 pm

bottom line, you may need a windshield bar....ive still got this for sale. I bought it for a summer top, but decided a frame less top was the way to go. the windshild bar from bestop I bought works for both the bikini and frame less....my bar however is not for sale.
oathkeeper4freedom
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down