North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How gnarly is Ma Bell

+5
nsjbill
Rob Cote
Ryan McKee
janesy
Mark
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How gnarly is Ma Bell - Page 2 Empty Re: How gnarly is Ma Bell

Post  nsjbill 5/1/2013, 3:47 pm

Alright, whose Jeep is that in clip 0028? Sounds like a tractor is right! Those kinds of steep rocks like that are supposed to be easier with a 4 door right? Am I understanding that correctly because of the extended wheelbase?
nsjbill
nsjbill
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 5/1/2013, 3:55 pm

A JKU could be an advantage in some situations, but it will be easier to get high centered, which I think you'll find more often.

But it's not about that. It's just something you gotta get out and do. If you feel overwhelmed, turn around and go back. No one will force you.

For me, my Jeeps beat to hell and I got it real cheap, so I don't care about smashing it into stuff. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be worried about scratches and dents, but that's just me. Each to his own. If I had a shiny new Jeep, I'd definitely feel concerned. But I'm sure that will go away eventually, when you realize how much fun you're missing out on.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/2/2013, 8:21 am

Dents, I have my share and try not to dent it but scratches who cares.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 5/2/2013, 9:29 am

For everyone who's interested in going but nervous about their Jeep's capabilities: please refer to the details of the "Go Topless Day" thread, stating that minimum requirements are 33s, and skids of some sort... It has also been stated that there is an area to pull off and park [pictured below] if need be once on the trail. You will have to go over the first obstacle, relatively easy, but then can park to the side and walk or ride shotgun with someone else.

Parking area:
How gnarly is Ma Bell - Page 2 File-23

The trail:
How gnarly is Ma Bell - Page 2 File-12
How gnarly is Ma Bell - Page 2 File-9
How gnarly is Ma Bell - Page 2 File-7
How gnarly is Ma Bell - Page 2 File-6
How gnarly is Ma Bell - Page 2 File-16

As you can see, there are multiple areas of difficulty. It has also been stated here that there are lots of options on how to get up each obstacle. There's an eas(ier) way and a hard way. You as the driver have every right to pick your way up.

For those who have not wheeled a more difficult trail with us before, the way this all works is that you will choose your angle of approach, and then ONE person will be your spotter. For a safety factor you will only have one person talking you through each obstacle so there is no confusion.

*Do Keep In Mind That You Are Responsible For Your Jeep, And All Liability Is On YOU As An Driver*

Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Miller 5/2/2013, 3:34 pm

I love how my jeep is shown in the parking area haha. Im thinking this time im going to travel further up the trail!
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 5/2/2013, 3:40 pm

I'm stoked for this. Definitely going for the trail run. The show is a maybe.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 5/2/2013, 4:14 pm

Amills60 wrote:I love how my jeep is shown in the parking area haha. Im thinking this time im going to travel further up the trail!

I'm sorrrrrryyyyyy! It was the only picture I had to show the area... Crying or Very sad
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Miller 5/2/2013, 11:35 pm

It's all good, though this time I will make sure my jeep travels further up the trail. Even if I use the bypasses bounce
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum