North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts

4 posters

Go down

YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts Empty YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts

Post  RidingOnLeafs 4/16/2014, 3:02 am

Hello Everyone,

Have a bunch of extra parts for my YJ that I won't be reusing. I have misc parts such as exhaust parts from when I replaced my headpipe to the tailpipe (good O2 sensor in there too if you wanna try to get it out), a tilt column that has been broken apart and used for parts, but still has some goodies on it, and Dana 30 front rotors which are probably done, and some rear ford 8.8 drum parts. I'd like them all gone soon as I'm moving in a month in a half and would like them all out. I'm sure you can use some of these parts and I'll be scrapping them if I don't have anyone interested.

All located in Salem MA and available for pickup or delivery locally.

Still looking for rear TJ flares (preferably nice), YJ window frame, and YJ body armor if someone has them kicking around and would like to get rid of them for a small price.

Thanks,
Bobby
RidingOnLeafs
RidingOnLeafs
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts Empty FREE

Post  RidingOnLeafs 4/19/2014, 5:11 pm

FREE Parts, come get them out of my house in Salem MA! 9 seven 8, two three nine, 8 one five one. I'm around today, come grab it! Practice welding with the rotors and do whatever you want with the rest.

Thanks,
Bobby
RidingOnLeafs
RidingOnLeafs
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts Empty Re: YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts

Post  CrawlingForward 4/21/2014, 4:26 pm

How much is left of the tilt column and what color?

(I have to contort to get my knees under the steering wheel. Think the tilt might help?)
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts Empty Re: YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts

Post  Scarytallman 4/22/2014, 9:23 am

The Tilt helps a lot. I am 6' 4" and 380. I fit in my Jeep YJ fine with the tilt wheel.
Scarytallman
Scarytallman
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 4/22/2014, 12:56 pm

CrawlingForward wrote:How much is left of the tilt column and what color?

(I have to contort to get my knees under the steering wheel.  Think the tilt might help?)

Do you still have the factory wheel on there Geoff? One of the first "mods" done to mine was to remove that second spare tire from the steering column and put my old man's Grant steering wheel on there. It doesn't hurt that the wheel was kicking around and all I had to buy was an installation kit, so there is that part of it, but it was necessary even for me, and I'm all of 5'10" 180 lbs.

Just changing the wheel helped with leg room, chest room (as it's closer to the column itself), more control of the wheel (in my opinion), and in my case it's a conversation starter telling people the wheel was once on a Charger and a Camaro, and a few others I can't remember (but that's really only because people have no idea you can remove steering wheels from cars; oy vey). Most importantly it makes the Jeep feel all special knowing she shares a part with some American muscle. Happy wife, happy life.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 4/22/2014, 2:36 pm

Yup, still have the factory. I love having "original" stuff, so I'd never even considered swapping it out. It might be time now, though.

Although if the tilt is OEM and works....

....what color is it again?
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

YJ exhaust/steering column/brake parts Empty All parts have been taken

Post  RidingOnLeafs 4/23/2014, 2:55 am

Sorry,

It's a little hard to keep up while working third shift, but all parts have been taken. If you need extra clearence, I'd most certainly go with a tilt column. Mine was no good and that's why I changed to an automatic non-tilt steering column.

Mine was damaged from the previous owner using the steering wheel as a means to enter the jeep, leaving it deemed unsafe.

Thanks,
Bobby

PS - If I find more parts before moving out, They'll likely be up here for sale or for free again!
RidingOnLeafs
RidingOnLeafs
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down