North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improving YJ approach angle

+2
nnovickzj
THOOPY3
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Improving YJ approach angle - Page 2 Empty Re: Improving YJ approach angle

Post  THOOPY3 5/2/2014, 11:53 am

hobhayward wrote:Lift springs and shorter shackles sounds like a good plan. Just a thought on the sye/CV sitch, could you not do a hack n tap ($100 ish) pick up a jy Cherokee front shaft ($50 ish) and have it shortened by Montrose or some other drive line shop (<$100 I think?). Still might not be worth it but just a thought.

Yeah I've seen more and more threads about going the Cherokee front shaft route, but haven't really paid much attention to the process because the SYE/CV thing is something I never really considered. Honestly 400 bones isn't bad for a shaft and a SYE, and if the next has a 231 in it (not sure if/when Jeep ditched those) I could always pop it on that one. I don't mind investing in something I know could make its way to the next one, kind of like my Hi Lift, power inverter, roof rack, TJ front bumper, YJ/TJ rear bumper, Moab wheels, TJ flares...as you can see there's a pattern forming.

Also since some of you may see this and not my build thread, I completely lost my brakes last night when some dickhead cut me off and I had to make a panic stop, so presently that's where my money and time is going. The left front hose AND the left rear wheel cylinder shit the bed at the same time, leaving me with zero stopping ability heading for an intersection near my apartment in Woburn. Through some quick action I managed to not hit anything/one and the only noticeable marks are some scuffing of my right front tire from riding the curb to avoid killing everyone in sight. It's a Jeep thing.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nnovickzj 5/2/2014, 1:03 pm

almost dying def a jeep thing
nnovickzj
nnovickzj
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 5/2/2014, 2:27 pm

Unless you get a Rubicon all TJ/LJs have 231s.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 5/2/2014, 3:31 pm

In that case I'd say it will certainly be something I look in to, though I have been considering buying one with the Rubicon package so more consideration is needed. I'm still not trying to go larger than 32s though since I am still slightly MPG-conscious (HA) with it being my DD, but having the SYE/CV combo would be one less ticking time-bomb waiting to go bad on me, which as I'm sure you've all realized at this point is something I deal with quite regularly.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum