North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great American Jeep Rally, Sat., Sept. 13

3 posters

Go down

Great American Jeep Rally, Sat., Sept. 13 Empty Great American Jeep Rally, Sat., Sept. 13

Post  THOOPY3 8/14/2014, 12:07 pm

Great American Jeep Rally
Saturday, September 13
43 Lower Butcher Road, Ellington, CT
Gates open: 9am – 4pm
Admission: $15 per Jeep
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey everyone, I've been seeing more and more about this event lately and am thinking of taking at least one of my Jeeps down to Connecticut to attend. From what I've read and seen it basically resembles Go Topless Day (for those that have been to that), which is always a good time. The event website says there's a mud pit, various rock courses, RTI ramps, raffles, the works. According to Google Maps it's about 1.5 hours from my place in Woburn to Ellington, basically exactly the same time from around here to Monson for the ride out to Go Topless Day. I have no idea if there are any open trails nearby Ellington that we could try and hit, but either way it sounds like a good time.

I'm gauging interest to see if anyone else would like to head down with me. I figured it could be just like our Go Topless Day routine where those attending meet up at a designated place and head down from there, and others can always tag up along the way. Leave a comment if you're interested in attending and let's see if we can put something together.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Great American Jeep Rally, Sat., Sept. 13 Empty Re: Great American Jeep Rally, Sat., Sept. 13

Post  Andrew Miller 8/15/2014, 12:24 am

I won't know until the date gets closer, but it sounds like a great time!
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Great American Jeep Rally, Sat., Sept. 13 Empty Re: Great American Jeep Rally, Sat., Sept. 13

Post  janesy 8/15/2014, 7:45 am

Same day as a pig roast my club holds annually.. I went a few years ago, not too bad a time. Like you mentioned, a nice rock crawl, nasty mud pit and food/Jeep vendors.

Also no trails near by. Nothing public/legal in CT.
janesy
janesy
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 8/15/2014, 2:26 pm

I thought Connecticut had no legal trails, but wasn't 100 percent sure so thanks for clarifying. If there is enough interest, and people would want to wheel after going to this, MaBell is only about an hour from Ellington. Just some food for thought.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down