North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluid Film

4 posters

Go down

Fluid Film Empty Fluid Film

Post  Tonellin 9/24/2014, 9:03 am

I was talking with a few guys this weekend about Fluid Film and thought I'd share a link with the club. This stuff is a blessing for us rust belt guys especially when it comes to working undernearth the jeeps. Its a lanolin oil (sheep wool) based product that is non toxic and safe for the environment. It doesn't dry out or harden so it won't trap moisture like rubberized undercoatings, and it 'heals' itself by creeping into scratches or gouges

The applications are endless but I usually just focus on covering the entire undercarriage of the jeep. The only thing it doesnt mix well with is natural rubber (could cause swelling) but every rubber piece on our jeep is synthetic

About 2 cans will be more than enough for the underside of a jeep and I do it 2x a year, it's also available at auto parts stores for cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/Fluid-Film-Spray-AEROSOL-CAN/dp/B001OKBFBS

It will smell for a couple of days like berries but the smell dissipates completely
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Fluid Film Empty Re: Fluid Film

Post  Jake 9/24/2014, 9:37 am

Have heard of this stuff but hadn't really considered using it. I think I'll pick some up for this coming winter.

You ever do the inside of the frame rails with one of those nozzle hose adapter thingies?
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonellin 9/24/2014, 12:13 pm

Definitely pick some up...you've done too much nice work on that thing to have the crappy salt covered roads eat away at it

I haven't done the inside of the frame rails only because I don't have one of those nozzle hose adapter thingies haha I should really get around to doing that though
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake 9/24/2014, 1:50 pm

Halfway there, ordered a few cans this morning (much cheaper in quantity, too lazy to find a physical store). Thanks for posting this!

I have a couple of the spray hose thingies that I got with some eastwood paint a while back, I'll let you know how it works when I apply this stuff later in the season.
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 9/24/2014, 3:18 pm

I had some stuff similar, it was organic and it smelled like the rosin that is in rosin core solder.
Can't remember the name of it but it worked well.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 9/24/2014, 5:43 pm

This is my main project for next year. Cleaning all the rust off the undercarriage and coating it for future protection.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum