North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FYI,,, price I got to have my rear Drive shaft shortened.

2 posters

Go down

FYI,,, price I got to have my rear  Drive shaft shortened. Empty FYI,,, price I got to have my rear Drive shaft shortened.

Post  Mark 11/12/2014, 6:35 pm

Called Montrose machine ,they said 150$ to shorten my drive shaft if i carry it in, something is wrong with that price.
Called Brookline Machine in North Andover, 80$ to shorten and balance, BIG difference in price and one day turn around also.

I have done business with them a few times,The guy's name is Casey if you call, Good Guy.
Phone number (978) 689-0750
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

FYI,,, price I got to have my rear  Drive shaft shortened. Empty Re: FYI,,, price I got to have my rear Drive shaft shortened.

Post  Rob Cote 11/13/2014, 6:41 am

Hey Mark, good tip! Is Casey's price a drive-in, drive-out deal? Or do I remove the shaft and carry it in?
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

FYI,,, price I got to have my rear  Drive shaft shortened. Empty Re: FYI,,, price I got to have my rear Drive shaft shortened.

Post  Mark 11/13/2014, 7:17 am

Carry in, no big deal, just measure yokes/bearing cap seats center to center, front to rear, with jeep sitting on tires or jack stands.
They will know how much to remove.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 11/19/2014, 6:16 pm

Just got drive shaft back, took one day and it looks great, it was 85 dollars to shorten and balance.
Now if i can bundle up enough to stay warm i'm going to garage and attempt to install it, that would really be great.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down