North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Krawler 3.5" short-arm JK lift

Go down

Rock Krawler 3.5" short-arm JK lift Empty Rock Krawler 3.5" short-arm JK lift

Post  ArticRubi 4/26/2012, 9:56 pm

I'm making the switch to a long arm, 3-link rear system and front coilovers. There are a number of the parts associated with this lift that work with the conversion: Front and rear track bars, drag link, track bar brackets.

This is what I'm parting out from Rock Krawler's 3.5" "X-Factor" lift:
Front and rear lower control arms
Front and rear upper control arms
Front coil springs, progressive rate
Front shocks, RK RRD, loop-stem, 12" travel, 18.5" compressed, 30.5" extended
Rear shocks, RK RRD, linear rate, loop-loop, 11" travel, 17.5" compressed, 28.5" extended
Rear swaybar end links

In order to complete the lift, you would need to add:
Rear coil springs, $179 for a pair
Swaybar links for front
Adjustable front and rear track bar. If you wanted to go with RK, $229 for the rear will get you the track bar and weld-in relocation bracket (axle side.) For the front I ran RK's high steer package ($499,) it includes an adjustable track bar and weld-on bracket, and a drag link with a bushing included to drill out the knuckle for a link flip.
There are obviously numerous for the track bars and drag link, probably plenty that are cheaper also.

6 of the control arms (all 4 uppers and rear lowers) have only been on my rig since the end of January and less than 3,000 miles. The front lowers, shocks, and front coil springs have been on since October and total about 10,000 miles. Its a nice short arm system, great articulation, and still in really good condition outside of a bit of rock rash on the bottom of the lower control arms. This system can clear 37" tires easily, and could accomodate 40's with properly setup bump stops. I ran 35's with it with minimum bump stop (3.5" front, 2.5" rear) and saw some really nice travel out of it.

I'm setting price at $1000 for what's included, should be able to "complete" the lift for about another $500 if you shop around for the track bars. The shocks alone retail for $600 for a set of 4.
ArticRubi
ArticRubi
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Rock Krawler 3.5" short-arm JK lift Empty Re: Rock Krawler 3.5" short-arm JK lift

Post  ArticRubi 5/1/2012, 1:32 pm

Sold!
ArticRubi
ArticRubi
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down