North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I looked up Rausch Creek

+2
Mark
nsjbill
6 posters

Go down

So I looked up Rausch Creek Empty So I looked up Rausch Creek

Post  nsjbill 2/20/2013, 4:37 pm

So after seeing almost everyone mention Rausch Creek in their avatars or signatures I had to see what it was. I have to admit that place looks damned fun. Some day I hope to do that kind of stuff.

I think my first hurdle I need to jump is getting past the fact I have a $40k vehicle and am going to intentionally take it where it can get pummeled! I can see doing some minor muddy trails/finding a good fishing spot but I do know I will eventually want to get out there and really use the Jeep for what it was made for!

Is Rausch Creek as fun as it looks/sounds?
nsjbill
nsjbill
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

So I looked up Rausch Creek Empty Re: So I looked up Rausch Creek

Post  Mark 2/20/2013, 4:51 pm

It is a ranking system that you earn through posting. I hope that I can get there some day though.
There are a few terrain parks around here though.
There is All Wheels in Lewiston Maine, it's not too far, I have been a few times, trails, hills, mud holes etc.
Very Primitive camping and wheeling 10 dollars a day per vehicle come and go as you please 24/7-365
There is another one up rt95 but it is a ways further north up from all wheels, haven't been there yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVbPGGX0SE

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/maine_14060/ride_94c0.htm

http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=565

Last edited by Markmmaark on 2/20/2013, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 2/20/2013, 5:15 pm

Yeah, the thing below the avatars is just a reflection of the number of post you have, is all.

Daily Driver is what we all started as, Class 6 roads are legal wheeling roads in New Hampshire, Rausch Creek is a crazy wheeling place, I forget what the other levels are.

Totally feel you on not wanting to wheel the nice new vehicle. I still don't "wheel" our JK. It gets used like a farm vehicle and has done a couple trails and I'll go mudding, but it's too new and under warranty for me to feel comfortable thrashing it on rocks.

I'm loosening up on it a bit, though, and I mostly just find trails that are appropriate for it's ability and just enjoy it.

Last edited by CrawlingForward on 2/20/2013, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 2/20/2013, 5:25 pm

I didn't want to do that kind of stuff until I got a dent in my TJ.
Of course I got the dent in it while it was in my own drive way.
From that day forward it was wheeling time!!
After all, It's old and paid for so off we go.
It's a 3 season daily driver, winter time it's parked in the garage till spring, no more salt.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McKee 2/21/2013, 12:31 am

Bill stick around. We'll do a few runs this year that will challenge your Jeep without driving all the way to Pennsylvania. That being said, it's on my list of places to get to in the TJ sooner than later.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 2/21/2013, 7:07 am

Markmmaark wrote: It's a 3 season daily driver, winter time it's parked in the garage till spring, no more salt.

Hahaha mine's just the opposite. lol! The Audi stays tucked in for the winter and the Jeep takes the salt abuse. afro

I'm probably gonna go to All Wheels this spring, with or without you guys (no offense!) once it's warm enough to camp. Hopefully some of you will join me, but I'm going either way.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 2/21/2013, 9:37 am

I save the jeep from the salt and and use my ranger and Carols jeep for winter.

I will be going too, also a friend that I took there last year for his first time that wants to go back again.
Camping maybe, wheeling yes.

If you do need a motel, the one that leaves the light on for ya is very inexpensive to stay at.
There is really nothing like it around here, nothing there goes in a straight line and you can drive anywhere that you want..
You can even make your own trail if you want ,,off the Beaten, beaten path,, bushwhacking.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  ArticRubi 2/26/2013, 12:29 pm

Rausch is like Mecca for east coast jeeps. It's also not all "crazy" trails, they have a clearly marked rating system there: Green, Blue, Black, Red and there's plenty of everything to go around. About 4,000 acres of terrain with onsite camping (no water or electrical) or a couple cheap nearby motels. Lots of people in Baystate go there on 33's and have a great time running greens and blues and come back no worse for wear (unless you count the hangover.) I'll be there May 15 - 19 this year for Baystate's semiannual trip (provided my build gets finished!) but you probably don't want to follow me Very Happy
ArticRubi
ArticRubi
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 2/26/2013, 1:46 pm

It sounds like plenty of trails there for every one with all of that acreage.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down