North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organizing a July 5/6 Rausch Creek Run

+7
THOOPY3
Rob Cote
Jake
dongalonga
Ryan McKee
Tonellin
CrawlingForward
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Organizing a July 5/6 Rausch Creek Run Empty Organizing a July 5/6 Rausch Creek Run

Post  CrawlingForward 3/4/2014, 12:21 pm

Hey y'all!

So I am going to be taking a road trip in the Islander in July to visit my grandmother in PA.

Turns out...it's only an hour and a half from Rausch Creek, which I have *still* never been to.

So I got to thinking...I miss you all terribly and that would make an awesome club run.

So would there be any interested parties in having an North Shore Jeeps weekend at Rausch Creek on July 5 & 6?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can take care of organizing and reserving camp grounds, etc. I would just need to get a count of who could come and what people are looking for ( Onsite Primitive vs Campground Camping, Cooking for ourselves vs Eating nearby, etc.). While I figure the 5th/6th would probably be the most popular dates, I'm going to be there a full week, so if people want to do weekdays, we can figure that out as well.

For those who might not be familiar, Rausch Creek is arguably one of the best off-road parks on the east coast with tons of trails from stock-friendly to custom buggy.

Check out the FAQs here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
More info here:
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Organizing a July 5/6 Rausch Creek Run Empty Re: Organizing a July 5/6 Rausch Creek Run

Post  Tonellin 3/5/2014, 8:18 am

Sounds like a great idea, I've always wanted to go to Rausch but I'm not sure about the dates unfortunately because that's always a big weekend for everyone and July is a crappy month for me as far as taking days off of work midweek
Tonellin
Tonellin
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Organizing a July 5/6 Rausch Creek Run Empty Re: Organizing a July 5/6 Rausch Creek Run

Post  Ryan McKee 3/6/2014, 6:24 am

You know I'd be there if I could. Maybe while y'all are driving up you can meet up with me on the trail somewhere?

Nick, love the avatar photo.
Ryan McKee
Ryan McKee
Admin

http://www.fellswaymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 3/6/2014, 4:04 pm

Ryan M wrote:You know I'd be there if I could.  Maybe while y'all are driving up you can meet up with me on the trail somewhere?

Nick, love the avatar photo.

I was already planning on figuring out where you'd be at that time to see if it was feasible.  Cool 
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 3/8/2014, 10:51 am

I may be in for this...
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake 3/8/2014, 4:32 pm

I'm certainly interested. I'm planning on a trip out to visit a friend in PA at some point, was planning on hitting Rausch and mountain creek to do some downhill biking. Not sure what my July looks like yet though.
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Cote 3/13/2014, 12:12 pm

I would like to do this. Want to clear it with the old lady first, as I know there are a couple few weddings we have to attend this summer. Want to be sure there isn't a conflict. This would be an awesome plan for the fourth! Beats the shit out of any BBQ and doing nothing all day.
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 3/13/2014, 2:08 pm

I would love to do this also, problem is the weekend of the 4th was when I was going to try and complete a few of my major projects (new armor, TJ front flares, chromolly rear shafts, replace spring bushings). I'll keep you posted, because If I can figure out a way to accomplish all those within a reasonable time before the 4th then I'm in, but I don't want to commit only to back out and mess things up for people. Definitely a worthwhile trip for sure.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 3/13/2014, 3:13 pm

Just spoke with Jenny and we are both a definite go. Let's make this happen! My baby rig will be so cute on the trails.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 3/27/2014, 1:45 am

Any updates?
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 3/27/2014, 12:56 pm

Was still waiting on hearing back from a few more people was hoping it might get discussed at the meet-up this weekend.

After that, I'll give them a call and see what I need for a reservation.

Unless I'm told otherwise, I'm thinking:

July 5/6

Nearby campsite with full facilities (to be significant other friendly)

Cooking our own food to simplify things. It'll probably be easy stuff like hot dogs/hamburgers, spaghetti, etc. (Although I do this thing enough we can probably have some awesome alternatives, like fire-roasted corn and pigs-in-a-blanket, and chili, etc.)

I figure I'll probably meet you guys at a major rest-stop along the way, probably on Friday since many will have off because of the holiday. (someone else will have to organize a caravan from Boston if desired.)

Payment we'll probably do through the Paypal site and I'll get everything paid in advance. I'll make it all-inclusive so it'll take care of the campsite/food, but park fees we'll let each vehicle take care of since it varies according to passengers/kids, etc.

We technically only need two vehicles for a "group", but I'd love to get 4 so we could split into stock and advanced groups if we would like to. (I will be in the stock group in the JK)

So hype it up at the BBQ and lets see who else might be able to go!

(I'll post something on the FB page as well)
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 3/27/2014, 1:17 pm

Also, once I know who's planning on going, I can start tentatively figuring out routes and decide whether to do mud, dust, rocks, or whatever.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 3/27/2014, 1:22 pm

Also, I'm not planning on putting any sort of cap on this trip. I figure if the numbers start getting huge, we can easily split into different comfort levels and groups. Also, because of the distance and nature of the run, I think it'll be a the-more-the-merrier type of deal.

I'll just need an initial count so I can reserve a campground, especially because it'll be over a major holiday, I should do it early. So if you're on the fence, just say yes and we'll sort it out later.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake 3/27/2014, 2:39 pm

I'm definitely a tentative. Trying to get my friend on board right now.
Jake
Jake
Rausch Creek

Back to top Go down

Post  Rjcinelli 3/27/2014, 4:02 pm

I am in, as long as I can do it without bothering my hip too much after my surgery. I guess I'm a maybe, but more of a yes.
Rjcinelli
Rjcinelli
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 3/27/2014, 4:41 pm

Jenny and I are definitely in. We will be bringing our little guy Jax (dog) with us for the trip as well. I will be with you in the stock class. Need to get some rocker protection done before the trip.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 3/30/2014, 12:22 pm

Not sure if you want to post this over on JeepOwners forum as well:

dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 3/30/2014, 2:28 pm

I'm officially throwing my name in the hat for this trip. I got my diff covers, air compressor, and other assorted items ordered and in the mail, giving me plenty of time to be ready by the 4th. I'm not sure what category I qualify in, but I'm leaning towards stock.

I'm not sure who's coming with me yet, but I have a "six person" tent that my girlfriend got me for Christmas that I'll bring along, so I should have room for at least two other people. I haven't had a change to test it out yet and get a feel for how many people it really holds, but that should hopefully happen soon. I'll also have my power inverter hooked up, and I've got a small water boiler I'll bring along for drinks, food, etc.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 3/31/2014, 2:29 pm

I've also got a larger tent if needed and stoves and water purifiers if we decide to go the primitive campground route.

Speaking of which, I was thinking about it, and it seems silly to do a campground considering the Rausch Creek campground is included with park fees. And if there was someone who was not ok with the campground/portpotties, they could grab a campsite/hotel on their own.

All camping at RC is by reservation, so I'll send them an email today about availability (I already sent emails to the nearby campgrounds).
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 4/10/2014, 4:29 pm

Any updates? We will want to book soon as I'm sure that weekend will fill up fast.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 4/11/2014, 10:17 pm

Well, the wheeling is FCFS, but I emailed them the same day as my previous post to reserve camping.

Haven't heard back since the initial contact, though, so I'll touch base again. I definitely think you're right about it being crowded, so the earlier we can confirm the better. It's creeping up much faster than I think it is.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 4/12/2014, 3:00 am

Yup it will be here before we know it.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 4/21/2014, 4:30 pm

Finally got a reply back and we're all set.

That’s fine. If you decide to come in Thursday nite, that’s cool. The
park will actually be open that Thursday through Sunday.

Here is our camping memo to explain more about camping at the park:

The driveway is open all night so you can arrive whenever. In the morning
you will come up to the office to get checked-in and take care of any
membership requirements.

When you come through the driveway, you’ll see that camping is to the
right. I’ve attached a picture showing the layout of the camping. Area
A is for single vehicles and truck/trailers. Area B is just for single
vehicles. Area C is for truck/trailers and RV’s. Do not park a
truck/trailer in Area B as that will clog up the main road going through
camp. Park head first rather than parallel parking.

The camping rules are posted throughout the camping area, however, we
continue to experience a lack of cooperation from some of our patrons so I
will repeat some of the rules here: Plan on packing your trash out. Do
NOT move the firerings or picnic tables around. Do NOT leave your
campfire unattended and put it out completely anytime you leave your
campsite. Do NOT use your firering as a trashcan for bottles, cans, and
other unburnable items.

Take note of what site you are in (there are tags on the picnic tables).
When you check-in to go wheeling you will need to give that info to our
staff.

Btw, we're expecting the baby any day now, so if I drop off the radar for a bit, that's why. But I'll be back and handling the organizing after that!
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  dongalonga 4/21/2014, 6:17 pm

How many sites did we reserve?
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 4/21/2014, 6:26 pm

I requested room for 6 or 7 rigs, but they're pretty flexible.

They mostly just ask for you to reserve beforehand so they know when they need to have staffing.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next