North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing this holiday weekend?

+2
nsjbill
Mark
6 posters

Go down

What are you doing this holiday weekend? Empty What are you doing this holiday weekend?

Post  Mark 5/23/2013, 6:12 am

What is everybody doing this weekend? The weather is not on our side as far as outdoor activities go.
I'll bet there is plenty of mudddddd out there!
Camping, fireworks, hiking, barbeque, wheeling, hanging and banging,, what's going on?

Just finishing up getting Jeep road trip ready, changed out mud tires and put on the all terrain tires, alot quieter on highway, lube oil and filter, installed new set of front outer axle seals, installed alloy usa x joints in axles, timken right hub bearing assy, bled brakes, upstream o2 sensor, spark plugs, alt belt, idler and tensioner pulleys, a/c clutch bearing, fan clutch, set toe, some cool Bosch wiper blades and more, i'm sure I forgot something.
Waiting on front drive shaft hopefully it will be here Friday.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

What are you doing this holiday weekend? Empty Re: What are you doing this holiday weekend?

Post  nsjbill 5/23/2013, 7:42 am

My plan(hope) was to help my cuz work on his wheel bearings in his pickup on Friday and then Saturday work on the bumper from hell. It looks like weather will not be playing along with my plans! I will probably end up getting a pork shoulder or beef brisket and throwing it in the smoker instead.

Sound like you got the Jeep in tip top shape Mark, good deal!
nsjbill
nsjbill
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

What are you doing this holiday weekend? Empty Re: What are you doing this holiday weekend?

Post  Rob Cote 5/23/2013, 9:40 am

I'm getting away from this nasty weather for the weekend. And all of next week. And the following weekend. geek
Rob Cote
Rob Cote
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/23/2013, 10:20 am

Hey there BBQBUS BILL. yup pretty close to being road trip ready.
Been working on my buddies jeep and made enough dough to buy a new drive shaft and a bit more.
It sounds like you have a plan to stave off hunger this weekend,,,,NICE.

Rob, Get some good pics! and have a BISON Burger for me, Man that stuff tastes good. Very Happy
Enjoy yourself and have a great time.
Oh yeah,, say hi to YOGI and BOO BOO and keep an eye on that PIC IN IC BASKET.

Last edited by Mark on 5/23/2013, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 5/23/2013, 10:27 am

I'm seriously considering setting up the old canopy my parents used to use on our deck so I can get everything I wanted to accomplish this weekend done. Had plans to install the rocker guards, attempt to remove the rear track bar, trim the rear flares, and put new lug nuts on the front wheels. Just noticed some steam coming from the radiator cap on my way to work this morning as well. May just be from the wet weather as there was no signs of overheating or spillage, but that's another item added to the list.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/23/2013, 10:48 am

TJ, When I trimmed my front flares I used a HAND SAW with a semi coarse sawzall blade in it sorta like a key hole saw.
It worked great and cut like butter, then I used the palm and belt sander with 80 grit on it to smooth the edges and keep lines straight, a file helps too.
Just use masking tape and follow the edge with saw, works great kinda like following a pinstripe.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  THOOPY3 5/23/2013, 11:09 am

Yeah that was my plan. I was already planning this "mod" a few weeks back, but once I saw a few pictures of the rear tires stuffed from last weekend I decided to speed up the process. The backs rubbed with the smaller street tires on there before the lift too (with flex), so it doesn't come as a surprise. I thought about doing TJ flares in the back, but I think that will open up the wheel wells too much and throw off the appearance, as well as make the rear tires look tiny compared to the fronts.
THOOPY3
THOOPY3
Moab Dessert

http://sorrygonecamping.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 5/23/2013, 2:20 pm

Eh, mostly trying to finish moving into the new place.

Need to fix the lawn mower so I can tame the jungle in the backyard.

I would BBQ, seeing as how it's Memorial Day, but I haven't finished burning out my drum for my Ugly Drum Smoker I'm making, but perhaps I can finish that on Saturday or Sunday in a few hours.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

http://www.geoffreymarsh.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nsjbill 5/23/2013, 2:22 pm

I am so envious of you living in Texas. You must be able to hit a BBQ joint by closing your eyes and throwing a rock. It is on my bucket list to visit the Salt Lick some day.
nsjbill
nsjbill
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 5/23/2013, 2:31 pm

nsjbill wrote:I am so envious of you living in Texas. You must be able to hit a BBQ joint by closing your eyes and throwing a rock. It is on my bucket list to visit the Salt Lick some day.

I gatta say, the selection of BBQ around here is pretty amazing. And I commute over an hour every day, passing by a bunch of joints and houses all smoking in their backyard, so by the time I get home *all* I can think of is BBQ, ha ha.

Course, at the same time, I'm extremely jealous of the offroading you guys have up there. Everything is so flat here with no rocks, just mud. There's definitely wheeling, but it's a couple hours away from me. I'll investigate it myself eventually, but for now there's too much time (and money) being spent on the house now.
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaBuck 5/23/2013, 3:09 pm

nsjbill wrote:I am so envious of you living in Texas. You must be able to hit a BBQ joint by closing your eyes and throwing a rock. It is on my bucket list to visit the Salt Lick some day.

Bill - I've been to the Salt Lick, and It's amazing!
DakotaBuck
DakotaBuck
Mall Crawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/28/2013, 11:14 am

Do anything good this weekend? I had fun until the jeep broke.
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  nsjbill 5/28/2013, 11:25 am

It seems I had a mIld heart attack yesterday. worked on Jeep all day.
nsjbill
nsjbill
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 5/28/2013, 11:26 am

What are you doing this holiday weekend? 382713_10101051911073626_1591887747_n

Three rib racks and a pork butt!

(Also finished moving all our stuff out of the old apartment, finished setting up the kichen and living room, burnt-out/ground-out/built the smoker, and picked up my next project......)

What are you doing this holiday weekend? 968979_10101054302780626_1672430951_n
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/28/2013, 11:26 am

Serious on the HEART ATTACK ???
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  CrawlingForward 5/28/2013, 11:27 am

nsjbill wrote:It seems I had a mIld heart attack yesterday. worked on Jeep all day.

Wait...like legit heart attack?!?
CrawlingForward
CrawlingForward
Moab Dessert

Back to top Go down

Post  nsjbill 5/28/2013, 11:32 am

they put stInt In vIa catheter thIs mornIng. I thought prolly pulled muscle
nsjbill
nsjbill
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/28/2013, 11:35 am

Holy crap Bill,, One stint is enough! my friend has about 5 or 6 and next is surgery for him.
Better lay off the fatty foods , I know it's hard as fatty foods taste good. YOU OK ??
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark 5/28/2013, 11:39 am

Hey Geoff, it looks like things are going good for you two over there,, WAY OVER THERE!
Mark
Mark
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  nsjbill 5/28/2013, 11:44 am

yeah I feel fIne. tIred.
nsjbill
nsjbill
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down