North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

North Shore Jeeps
Time to get the Jeep dirty! Register or log in to join the fun. If you don't, it's really your loss. There are good, knowledgeable people here. Some odd ones too, but most are o.k....
North Shore Jeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jk skid plate recommendations

4 posters

Go down

Jk skid plate recommendations Empty Jk skid plate recommendations

Post  RubiconBob 3/30/2015, 9:06 pm

Hi all,

I've been researching this on other forums, but i figure getting local advice from people who actually run trails around here would be more valuable than some guys who live who knows where and wheels on different terrain.

The question is about skid plates, and which plates to get first. For background, i have a 15 jk unlimited rubicon with manual transmission (save the stick!) which is my winter daily driver and summer weekend fun vehicle.  I intend on lifting it this spring by 2.5-3.5", get some 35" duratracs, and get out on trails 1-2 Saturday's each month.  I already have bumpers and rock rails.

From what I read, seems that oil pan skids and Evap skids (or relocating it) are common first steps.  Based on the wheeling this group does, does this make sense or should I take a different approach?

Thanks,

Bob
RubiconBob
RubiconBob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jk skid plate recommendations Empty Re: Jk skid plate recommendations

Post  dongalonga 3/30/2015, 9:14 pm

All 2012+ JKS have a factory EVAP skid. My recommendation is to run the factory skids until you bust them up enough to replace them. The factory skids are nothing like the TJ/LJ and are tucked up pretty tight already.
dongalonga
dongalonga
Rubicon Trail

Back to top Go down

Post  AquilesT 3/31/2015, 10:31 am

The oil pan skid would be good insurance to have, i keep telling myself to get one but i haven't. Factory skids are decent but will eventually need replacing if you go to the tougher trails in the area. I don't have any aftermarket skids but will need to put on a gas tank skid before any major wheeling since I have beat it up pretty badly.
AquilesT
AquilesT
Class 6A

Back to top Go down

Post  RubiconBob 4/2/2015, 6:49 pm

Thanks for the tips.  I see the evap skid now, and while not the strongest item at least its something.  I'm going to go with an Evo oil pan skid for $130 or so, which i can always add-on to in the future to cover the transmission and cross member.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/evo-manufacturing-jk-2012-15-3-6-l-protek-skid-system
RubiconBob
RubiconBob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CFD614 5/11/2015, 6:59 pm

Im going to get the Artec belly pan for mine
CFD614
CFD614
Daily Driver

Back to top Go down